Saiccor Mill, Umkomaas
Learning Consultant – Fixed Term Contractor (FTC) ( 83 )
Sappi Saiccor Mill requires a Learning Consultant to plan , design, develop and deliver learning experiences to improve productivity and performance of employees in a specific business area.
This role reports in to the Learning Manager
The main responsibilities of this job are:
Business aligned learning
- Support line managers, foremen and supervisors in the process of identifying learning needs of their teams by guiding the understanding of competency gap analysis. Advise on the most appropriate learning to address the specific gaps of each individual employee in the supported business area.
- Regularly participate in departmental meetings to identify new business requirements and advise the managers on whether training will add to solving their business challenges or if other solutions need to be found.
Measures and reporting
- Show managers what reports are available on the learning management system and how to interpret the information available. Ensure that managers become self sufficient in terms of the available reporting.
- Decide which reports should be printed regularly for display in the work area based on consultation with managers . Print the reports and add to the information boards at the frequency required (daily, weekly or monthly).
Learning solutions and content
- If there are training needs that the current catalogue of courses doesn’t address, develop a high level plan and present to the Learning Manager for input. New learning solutions are reviewed and prioritised for Sappi SA at the Learning Council.
- Make recommendations on whether new training should be formally accredited or if normal skills programmes will meet the business requirements.
- Drive the adoption of online learning in the business area. Execute communication campaigns based on information provided from the regional office and monitor utilisation and employee experience.
- Identify opportunities to digitise the knowledge component of existing learning programmes and suggest the areas to the Learning Manager.
Learning operations and governance
- Explain the learning policy and process requirements to employees, managers and foremen in the business area. Learning Consultants are expected to be experts on the Learning policy, Young Talent policy and Study Assistance policy.
- Drive the utilisation of the Sappi learning management system by helping employees and line managers browse for training, create development plans, book and approve for training, use the online collaboration tools and run the system reports.
Support trainees in the business area
- Co-ordinate the allocation and monitoring of the different types of learners in the business area including Work Integrated Learners, Process Trainees, Apprentices and Technicians-in-Training.
- Arrange accommodation, computer access, local medicals, local induction and mentor allocation for new trainees with support from the local HR team.
The ideal candidate should have:
- National Diploma or Bachelor Degree in Human Resources Development or Industrial Psychology.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a learning function and/or production or technical field, preferably in a heavy manufacturing environment.
- Exposure to a Unionised environment will be advantageous.
Closing Date: 28 August 2019
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact .
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.