Skillshare is an online learning community for creatives. We have thousands of inspiring classes for creative and curious people, and millions of members who come together to find inspiration and take the next step in their creative journey. Our product team plays a key role in our ability to scale by building an experience that empowers anyone, anywhere to access our platform. Their work enables us to reach people around the world and make learning as easy as glancing at your phone.
As Lead Product Manager for Enterprise, you will support different business development and partnerships and responsible for growing Skillshare for Teams product offering. You will work with broader stakeholders to develop and execute Skillshare’s product platform and partner integration strategy. Alongside this, you will bring knowledgeable expertise and continual understanding of competitive education /B2B products and platforms, which will help Skillshare’s emerging enterprise product grow in the market.. Your role will be to expand on that platform to reach more learners through additional channels including enterprises, universities, and partners. Success in the role will involve making Skillshare more discoverable and available both within our customers’ organizations and to new organizations, directly impacting revenue growth.
This team is poised to grow significantly over the next year and you’ll help lead the charge. We are looking for someone who thrives in the unknown and creating clarity out of chaos. Skillshare has a successful consumer business and we are expanding into enterprise. You need to be comfortable building and pushing for an enterprise product vision within a consumer environment. We’ll look to your expertise in building enterprise products, technical know-how, and your ability to work seamlessly with teams across the company, champion the customer, and drive real impact as we scale.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with sales, marketing, customer success, engineering, product, and design leaders to develop ongoing technical product strategy and roadmaps
- Develop and maintain continual understanding of competitive education /B2B products and platforms in the market, and identify where Skillshare can innovate & pull ahead
- Develop and maintain a prioritized integrations strategy and roadmap to increase the availability of Skillshare’s learning content and facilitate revenue growth across multiple go-to-market channels
- Map the Learning Management System and HR Management System ecosystems to understand adoption, interoperability, and eLearning standards
- Effectively communicate the vision and roadmap to senior leadership
- Align related scheduling and timelines, working in coordination with area product managers
- Create seamless user experiences for learners coming into Skillshare from other products and applications
- Build automated data connections to customers HR and learning systems to enable turnkey tracking of employee progress and completion
- Define requirements for the development of specific integrations and/or APIs and collaborate closely with engineering to develop and release them
- Write user stories, specifications, manage project execution, data feature validation, analytics event confirmations, design, run & interpret A/B tests, wireframe, and define product roll-out strategies
- Manage projects with partners and customers, identifying specific product needs and ensuring adoption
Why we’re excited about you:
- 4+ years of experience as an enterprise product manager, with experience building and launching technical integrations or APIs
- Strong communication skills
- Proven ability to establish rapport, credibility and influence amongst stakeholders and cross-functional internal teams to drive results
- Coordinate related business-operations, enabling other teams to do their work better by integrating with other 3rd-parties: Marketing automation, website, CRM, etc.
- Technical background and ability to have collaborative, in-depth technical discussions with engineersAbility to clearly articulate strategy and requirements to stakeholders, product managers, engineering, data analytics and business partners
- Experience coordinating projects with customer and partner organizations
- Possess strong decision-making and prioritization skills; have experience overseeing and managing complex technical roadmaps
- Proven ability to identify, analyze, and solve ambiguous problems with extreme attention to detail
- Thrives in a high-energy, fast-paced environment where tactical and strategic initiatives are driven in parallel
- Experience deriving and presenting insights to business leaders
- Strong analytical abilities and data intuition
- Preferred experience operating multi-stakeholder and multi-channel products (i.e. products where there are multiple internal and external sources of feedback and needs to balance)
- Preferred experience having used e-learning or other continuous learning products
- Preferred knowledge of the LMS ecosystem and eLearning API standards
- Experience and excitement about working on a rapidly growing part of the business
Why you’re excited about us:
- Impact: You’ll build out Skillshare’s emerging Enterprise learning experience strategy and roadmap which is a main company strategy and initiative
- Growth: Our team is small, so you’ll have room to wear a lot of hats and take on more responsibility over time
- Our mission: We’re doing work that matters – connecting lifelong learners around the world and empowering them to pursue their creativity.
- Our team: We have a passionate, smart team that is a lot of fun to work with
- Your life: We take pride in our flexibility. Working remotely is part of how we need to work these days. You’re a professional, and we trust you to do what you need to do