Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is a USA based Organization with public health programs around the World. It creates a future of hope for children and families worldwide by eradicating pediatric AIDS, providing care and treatment for people with HIV and AIDS, and accelerating the discovery of new treatments for other serious and lifethreatening pediatric illnesses. EGPAF`s work is funded through private donations, PEPFAR via the US Agency for International Development (USAID) and the Centre for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC), Unitaid etc.
POSITION TITLE: Lay Counsellors (x10)
- Pediatric and PMTCT Community Lay Counselors will be primarily responsible for counseling and testing enrolled study
- participants with unknown HIV status of villages in Butha Buthe, Thaba-Tseka, Mohale’s Hoek, and Maseru districts.
- Counsel and test study participants’ mother-baby-pair.
- Report the number of tested participants to DHMT on monthly basis
- Maintain communication and frequently update the Research Assistant and/or study coordination team on study progress/number of mother-baby-pair tested.
- COSC certificate
- Must be trained on HTS by MOH
- Experience testing and counseling for a HIV
- Experience working in the health facilities/communities
- Strong proficiency in English and Sesotho.
- Willingness to travel outside of residence for periods of time (as needed)
- Understanding of regulations for the protection of human subjects in research
Nothing in the above job description restricts Management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified individuals are welcome to apply.
Interested candidates should send their application letter and certified copies of their educational certificates, ID/passport, two reference letters and curriculum vitae to DHMT Offices in Butha-Buthe, Theba-Tseka, Mohale’s Hoek and Maseru.
The closing date is 12:30 on Monday 27th November 2023
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.