The position requires high level management of the following departments; trout hatchery, fingerling production, workshop, Production stores, Feed stores, Environment and Processing plant and associated cold stores.
– Overseeing the hatchery and fingerling upgrade and reviewing hatchery performance with the hatchery manager. Improve survival rates and fingerling performance and output.
– Overseeing the workshop and workshop manager, implementing maintenance schedules to prevent and reduce downtime due to breakdowns as well assessing and identifying critical skills shortages
– Managing feed store staff and reviewing storage and stock levels
– Oversee the processing plant performance and output. Review and implement production improvements, add efficiencies through machinery and infrastructure improvements.
– National Diploma in fish farming
– Minimum 15 years management and experience on a large scale commercial rainbow trout hatchery and grow out farm
– High level understanding of business management, budgeting and cashflows
– Basic understanding of trout processing and food safety
– Good understanding of the various types of pumps, maintenance and installation thereof
– Good technical understanding of boating mechanics, safety and maintenance
– Excellent technical understanding of water pumps, complex recirculation systems and specialized aquaculture equipment repairs and maintenance.
– Forklift license
– Driving license
– Boat License
Please email CV to [email protected]
Deadline 30 September 2020