KARABO EA BOPHELO at Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Lesotho. The Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Lesotho (BCMCFL), is the result of a public-private partnership between Baylor College of Medicine International Pediatric AIDS Initiative and the Government of Lesotho, and is a legal, non-profit/tax exempt organization registered in Lesotho. BCMCFL provides free pediatric and family-centred HIV and tuberculosis prevention, care, treatment and support, serving thousands of children and families affected by HIV, TB, or other child health conditions. Karabo ea Bophelo (KB) is a five-year USAID-funded activity to prevent new HIV infections and reduce vulnerability among orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) in Lesotho. These positions are based in any of KB supported districts.
BCMCFL-KB is looking for highly qualified candidates to fill in the following positions on a full-time, Fixed-Term Contract basis for the duration of four years:
Knowledge Management Officer x1
Duties and Responsibilities
The Knowledge Management Officer will report directly to Finance and Administration Director. S/he will be responsible for implementing the knowledge management and communications strategies of the KB programme, developing and documenting success stories and keeping the social media channels of the programme active and engaging. The position is based in Maseru.
Educational Qualifications, Work Experience and Key Competencies
- A university degree in Graphic Design, Marketing, Journalism, Development Studies or other related studies
- A minimum of two (2) years working experience as Communications Officer or any other related positions
- Strong digital and offline marketing skills
- Experience in managing social medial platforms (Facebook, WhatsApp. Twitter, Youtube) and other related supporting applications, including their analytical platforms
- Proficiency in using Mailchimp and SurveyMonkey and Google Analytics
- Strong knowledge proficiency on HIV prevention, sexual health topics and basic knowledge of Demand Creation strategies are desirable
Interested candidates must email applications, including CV and cover letter to [email protected] on or before Friday, 03rd July, 2020. Please quote the position applying for on the subject matter. Full adverts are available on request from Karabo Ea Bophelo Offices, 2nd Floor Agric Building, Kingsway Maseru.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Citizens and residents of Lesotho are strongly encouraged to apply.