- Applicants with disabilities are welcome to apply.
- Applications must be submitted on the Application for Employment form (Z.83). Please print and complete the form or obtain it from any Public Service department.
- The completed and signed form Z83 should be accompanied by a recently updated, comprehensive CV as well as certified copies of all qualification(s) and ID-document (certification stamp should not be older than three months).
- Suitable candidates will be subjected to a personnel suitability check (criminal record, citizenship, credit record checks, qualification verification and employment verification).
- Forward your application, quoting the relevant reference number and the name of the publication in which you saw this advertisement, to: The DG of Government Communication and Information System, Private Bag X745, Pretoria, 0001, or hand delivered to Tshedimosetso House, 1035 Frances Baard Street (corner Festival Street), Hatfield, Pretoria, for attention Mr S Matshageng.
GCIS is an equal opportunity employer and practicing affirmative action employment. It is our intention to promote representivity (race, gender, disability) in the department through filling these posts.
Correspondence will be limited to successful candidates only. If you have not been contacted within one month after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
The successful candidate must disclose to the DG particulars of all registrable financial interests, sign a performance agreement and employment contract with the DG within three months from the date of assumption of duty and obtain a top secret security clearance. All appointments are subject to the verification of educational qualifications, previous experience, citizenship, reference checks and security vetting.
Following the interview and technical exercise, the selection panel will recommend candidates to attend generic managerial competency assessment.
Reference Number: 3/1/5/ – 19/89
Directorate: Media Buying
Salary: R316 791 per annum (Level 08)
Requirements: Applicants must be in possession of a National Diploma (NQF 6) or Degree (NQF 7) in in Marketing, Advertising, Communication, Media Buying/Media Planning or equivalent related qualification majoring in Media Buying/Media Planning as recognized by SAQA, with at least 2 years relevant experience The incumbent should be an organised, process driven individual with strong relationship management skills, which are required to execute media buying and implement activities at GCIS The job requires effective planning and implementation of media plans and media analysis Evaluation of media proposals, strong negotiation skills and good client management are all key parts of the job The ideal candidate must be able to work under pressure as part of a team and adhere to set deadlines He/she must have excellent command of the English language Excellent written, grammatical and communication skills Proven ability to translate media strategies into effective media plans, knowledge of the Public Finance Management Act, knowledge of the Public Service Act, working knowledge of Telmar (TNT/RBP/Programs/Plans), computer literacy in Ms Office suite ,excellent administrative abilities, ability to assess needs of incoming campaigns and act decisively to mobilize resources He/ she must be persuasive and comfortable in negotiating timelines and deliverables with internal and external stakeholders, be an assertive, self-motivated and driven individual with strong interpersonal communication skills, both in written and spoken format and good knowledge of and understanding of all standard media types.
Duties: The successful incumbent will be responsible for planning, and implementing media campaigns by raising cost estimates, developing media schedules, writing memorandums, securing necessary approvals, booking campaigns, compiling post campaign reports, attending client meetings, and ongoing liaison with internal and external clients and media owners.
Enquiries: Mr Sinombulelo Mlisa Tel No: (012) 473 0287
Closing Date: 25 October 2019
NOTE: Preference will be given to Coloured male/female, Indian male/female and White male/female