For more information on the impact area, please visit https://www.csir.co.za/technology-special-operations
- Interpret and compile Technical designs and drawings of a high standard, required for certification to ISO 9001. (ISO 9001, SABS 0111-1);
- Ensure that the details and accuracy of the drawings are technically correct and in accordance with ISO 9001 and SABS 0111-1;
- Reconstruct drawings from given measurements;
- Deliver approved customer drawings on time as per the project schedule deadlines and support the drawing office in rendering outputs as required;
- Create data packs (Family trees, Bill of Materials (BOM), detail drawings, Assembly drawings etc.);
- Read drawings and specifications and reverse engineer components;
- Support engineers on design, draughting and modelling;
- Conduct daily site visits and inspections;
- Assist with the printing and issuing of drawings and electronic CAD data in accordance with TSO drawing control process and administrative duties;
- Assist with procurement and the upkeep of the 3D printing and scanning facility;
- Liaise with both internal and external stakeholder;
- Shadow the Senior Design Draughtsman.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- A National Certificate/Diploma in mechanical draughting with at least two years’ mechanical draughting experience;
- Experience around the tool room and manufacturing aids;
- Knowledge of CAD software i.e. Autodesk Inventor, AutoCAD, and Solidworks;
- Good understanding and ability to use dimensional measurement instruments;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team;
- Ability to pay attention to detail;
- Good communication skills (verbal and written);
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office Package;
- Must be technically oriented and proficient in free hand writing and drawing
- Must be creative, self-driven, positive attitude, enthusiastic and willing to learn;
- Must be able to work at heights;
- Must have a valid drivers’ license.
- Must be able to apply for a Top Secret clearance.
Security clearance is required for this position.
Closing date: 12 July 2019
PLEASE NOTE THAT FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.
For more info, please contact the CSIR Recruitment Centre on 012 841 4774 or email us at [email protected]
The CSIR is an equal opportunity employer. As such, it is committed to the Employment Equity Act of 1998. By applying for this position at the CSIR, the applicant understands, consents and agrees that the CSIR may solicit a credit and criminal report from a registered credit bureau and/or SAPS (in relation to positions that require trust and honesty and/or entail the handling of cash or finances) and may also verify the applicant’s educational qualifications and employment history. The CSIR reserves the right to remove the advertisement at any time before the stated closing date and it further reserves the right not to appoint if a suitable candidate is not identified.