Responsible for bridging the gap between IT and the business by using analytics to review business processes, determine stakeholder requirements and deliver recommendations. Working under the supervision of a Senior Business Analyst the incumbent supports Team Members throughout the project lifecycle to ensure the successful completion of analytical, building, testing, deployment, documentation, training, and post-implementation support tasks for new and existing business applications.
• Assisting the Team with projects, conducting research, and compiling data as needed
• Provide documentation support for requirements gathering, process analysis, gap analysis, design of new functionality, and product testing.
• Participate in project walkthroughs: business requirements gathering, design walkthrough, functional test plans, and implementation sessions.
• Develop periodic project progress reports.
• Communicating with customers, clients, or other stakeholders to gather information about their needs and preferences.
• Manage engagements between consultants and internal business units.
• Analyzing and evaluating the current business processes to identify areas of improvement
• Researching and reviewing business processes and IT advancements modern current systems
• Presenting ideas and findings in meetings.
• Training and coaching staff members.
• Leading initiatives depending on the business’s requirements and needs.
• Monitoring project performance.
• Conducting research on industry trends and competitor activity to identify opportunities for improvement.
• Maintains good working relationships with stakeholders (colleagues, consultants, and support partners)
• Strong communication skills – able to communicate clearly, effectively and in a timely manner.
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills – able to analyze and solve problems. Ability to identify and document solutions to business problems with accuracy
• Strong demonstration skills
• Good interpersonal and engagement skills
• Good customer service orientation, listening ability, diplomacy, and patience
• Good analytical, evaluative, big picture thinking, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
• Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
• Ability to impact operations and effect change without being confrontational
• Ability to explain complex ideas to those with limited IT and systems knowledge
• Ability to position and “sell” solutions that are reasonable, actionable, and cost-effective
• Ability to meet deadlines and work independently
• Self-Starting – takes independent action and goes beyond what the job or situation requires
• Ability to learn and master new applications
• Strong sense of discretion and confidentiality
• Willing to develop skills further
Alliance Insurance is a Lesotho company with more than 25 years of experience in innovative risk and wealth management solutions. The company prides itself in its sensitivity to addressing the insurance needs of Basotho by providing a comprehensive range of products, solutions and related financial services.