- Hello! Are you ready to Work from Home and transform your career?
- We’re looking for a contractor to work as a part-time Junior International Accountant to join the Finance Team at Modus.
- Want to help Modus streamline and implement best practices for our internal tools to align with our goals and vision?
- Are you interested in working from home with some of the best talent on the planet? Then keep reading.
- You love to crunch numbers, analyze data, and make sure processes get followed to support the accurate and proper maintenance of the organization’s financial statements.
- Your main focus will be to work with timesheet gathering and follow-ups, Project Job Costing, setting up new projects in time-tracking software, new vendors, new clients, invoices for billing clients and maintaining contracts and files for each one of those.
- You will also record expenses to the right account, class, department, assist with the month-end financial reporting and analysis and any other Adhoc and special projects and duties as required.
- You bring 1-3 years of progressive and accounting related work experience, excel proficiency, demonstrated knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and accrual-based accounting, excellent communication and interpersonal skills (verbal and written).
- A plus would be to bring consulting and/or software industry experience a plus as well as a Bachelors degree in accounting or finance-related field.
- You will have the opportunity to work with modern tools and technologies such as Salesforce, Netsuite, Quickbooks, Harvest, Trello, Jira, Slack, Zoom, Google Drive, and much more.
- You enjoy providing value-added financial analyses that help determine the direction of operational decision making and planning.
- You are very attentive to details and demonstrate the ability to be accurate and thorough.
- You are able to prioritize tasks and work efficiently to complete work.
- You are adaptable and able to handle unexpected events and a quick-paced environment.
- You are highly collaborative, autonomous, and effective working remotely.
- You have the ability to work independently and as a team player, working with a cross-functional, distributed team.
- You love learning Accounting & Finance in an ever-evolving world.
- You enjoy playing with new tech and exploring areas that you might not have experience with yet.
- You are self-driven, a self-learner, willing to share knowledge and participate actively in your community.
- Having overlap with your team is critical when working in a global remote team.
- Modus requires all team members to overlap with EST morning hours daily. In addition, reliable high-speed internet is a must.
Why Modus Create:
- Our Benefits may vary according to the country you are located in, so please reach out to our recruiter in case you have any questions.
If you become a contractor we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Remote work
- The chance to work side-by-side with thought leaders in emerging tech
About Modus Create
Modus Create is a digital product agency that accelerates digital transformation. We use high performing small teams, emerging technology, and “new school” product development tools and methods to accelerate business outcomes. We support our clients across four core delivery areas: business and product strategy consulting, customer experience, cloud services, and Agile software delivery.
Driven by a team of world-class talent, we have been recognized by the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies 5 years in a row, the Washington Business Journal list of Fastest Growing Companies in the Washington, DC area two years in a row, and a top company for remote work by FlexJobs. We’re also an official partner to Atlassian, AWS, Cloudflare, GitHub, InVision, Ionic Framework, and Vue.js!
Based on the model of an open source team, Modites work remotely, and are located across the globe. That’s allowed us to hire the best talent in the world, no matter where they live. Our highly collaborative, autonomous, and effective working environment is fueled by a team unified by a love of continuous learning. Our years of thought leadership including books, whitepapers, blog posts, conference and MeetUp talks, demonstrate our commitment to sharing what we’ve learned.
We encourage every Modus employee to do the same. Our company is a platform for the growth of our employees. Through working with our distributed team of experts on challenging projects, every person that joins the Modus team can expect to continue growing and learning every day. This is your chance to be part of building something great.