The Judicial Service Commission of the British Overseas Territory of Turks and Caicos Islands invites applications for the position of: Judge of the Supreme Court (Criminal) of the Turks and Caicos Islands, Grand Turk
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Candidates for this position must be:
- a barrister or solicitor of the United Kingdom, of any other part of the Commonwealth, or of Ireland;
- a member of the Faculty of Advocates or a Writer to the Signet of Scotland; or
- an attorney of the Supreme Court admitted under the TCI Legal Profession Ordinance or under any law for the time being in force in the Islands making like provision, and of at least ten (10) years’ standing as such.
It is desirable that applicants have a common law background and, ideally, knowledge and experience of Chancery Practice.
Candidates with judicial experience shall be more favourably considered.
DURATION AND SCOPE OF WORK
A three (3) year contract extendable by mutual agreement.
The successful candidate will be required to reside on the island of Grand Turk, and will primarily conduct criminal trials, and hear from time to time any other case that comes before the Supreme Court in its original or appellate jurisdiction.
He/she will also be expected to sit on, or chair committees within the Judiciary, if necessary.
Salary $128,800 per annum (income tax free)
Professional Allowance $6,000 per annum
Telephone Allowance $720 per annum
Transportation Allowance $2,760 per annum
Housing Allowance $36,000.00 per annum
Applicants must submit:
- A completed application form (attached)
- A resume with current contact information.
- An accompanying Cover Letter.
- Two letters of reference (one preferably from a former employer).
- Copies of educational certificates.
- A copy of the Passport photo page.
Shortlisted candidates must submit a Police Certificate.
Note that the referees may be contacted as necessary.
Submit application by email to Lavern Skippings Reynolds at [email protected]
Or by courier to:
Lavern Skippings Reynolds
Secretary, Judicial Service Commission
Waterloo, Grand Turk
Turks and Caicos Islands
An email application must have the subject line JUDGE OF THE SUPREME COURT CRIMINAL OF THE TURKS AND CAICOS ISLANDS
If sent by courier, the envelope should have the subject ‘JUDGE OF THE SUPREME COURT (CRIMINAL) OF THE TURKS AND CAISOS ISLANDS’ clearly marked on the front.
Applications without supporting documents will not be processed.
Please note that only suitable candidates will be contacted for interviews.