Peace Corps/Lesotho is recruiting qualified candidates for the position of Human Resources and Information Technology Assistant (HRITA).
Under the direct supervision of the Deputy Director of Management and Operations (DDMO), the HRITA coordinates all personnel actions for Peace Corps/Lesotho in accordance with post-specific and United States Government policies. The HRITA facilitates the recruitment, orientation, and support of Personal Services Contractors (PSCs) throughout their contractual period. In addition, the HRITA acts as the main backup to Peace Corps/Lesotho’s Information Technology Specialist (ITS), providing basic technical support to Peace Corps staff and Volunteers.
This position requires strict adherence to ethical standards of confidentiality and professional conduct. In addition, the candidate should be flexible, highly organized, creative, and able to multi-task and work independently.
Please note: Previous experience working in the information technology field is not required for this position (although it is preferred). Applicants should have a strong interest in gaining experience and skills within the IT field. On-the-job training will be provided to the successful candidate.
The full statement of work for this position can be downloaded at https://www.peacecorps.gov/lesotho/contracts. Applicants should carefully review the statement of work prior to applying for the position.
This is a full-time position working 40 hours per week. Peace Corps/Lesotho offers a competitive salary, medical aid, and other benefits.
Interested applicants should submit a curriculum vitae (CV) or résumé along with an error-free, compelling cover letter to be considered. Application materials must clearly demonstrate how the applicant meets the mandatory minimum requirements for the position. Please do not apply for this position if you do not meet the minimum requirements. Application materials must be received by Peace Corps/Lesotho by 12 noon on Monday, January 28, 2019. Applications can be submitted to Peace Corps/Lesotho, Makaoteng Estates, P.O. Box 554, Maseru or by email to [email protected]. Peace Corps/Lesotho will respond only to shortlisted candidates.
Mandatory Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources management or administration, or related subject.
- Five years of progressively responsible experience in human resources/personnel management work which includes position classification, financial accountability, wage administration, and other personnel operations.
- Knowledge of Lesotho labor laws and their application.
- Proven knowledge of recruitment and selection process.
- Willingness to learn and gain high level information technology skills to be able to function as information technology assistant.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Excellent computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Work, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Proven ability to function well as a team player in a complex organization.
- Formal training (diploma, post-graduate course, certification) in computer or IT courses
- Familiarity with U.S. Government financial and contract management procedures.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Previous experience working with an international organization
- Ability to create, implement, and monitor effective professional development programs
- Ability to develop and present training materials on a variety of topics related to the job description
The United States Peace Corps, an agency of the U.S. government, is the largest non-Basotho development volunteer organization in Lesotho with over 100 Peace Corps Volunteers assigned across all 10 districts as teachers and health educators. We have been operating in Lesotho for over 50 years, in collaboration with Basotho, and in support of Lesotho’s development goals.
To apply for this job email your details to LSJobs@peacecorps.gov