- Feel confident both designing new systems and continually improving existing infrastructure?
- Think about how to create a better internet that empowers users, communities and developers?
- Want to join an small, dynamic, exceptional team and help us grow our capabilities and company in the coming years?
3Box helps people build trust and connection online. Our user data network powers a new generation of apps that run on shared, open, distributed infrastructure. It’s an entirely new model for data on the web, putting users in control of their online identity and giving developers a way to build more lightweight, secure and collaborative experiences. We envision a future where data, content and social networks follow users from app to app, letting any developer create fantastic products on this shared platform.
Our suite of APIs let any application manage user profiles, reputation, social content, and other data on the distributed web. Users can view and control their data through our Social Profiles app. All this is live today, and we’re just getting started.
- Building & improving the 3box client and node implementations
- Designing, architecting, and implementing systems that enables our platform to grow
- Contributing to open source software and support knowledge sharing across the web3 ecosystem
- Engaging with and helping educate the developer community building with 3box
- Managing and monitoring cloud infrastructure
- Enabling our continuous integration/delivery pipelines to work seamlessly
- Implementing scalability and data integrity solutions to our platform
- Driving a continuous effort to reduce deployment time, minimize infrastructure downtime, and maximize efficiency
You make a great candidate if you…
- Have 5+ years of experience in software development, including 3+ years working with distributed systems
- Have a strong background in infrastructure & deployment automation as well as configuration management
- Have a basic understanding of cryptography and the IPFS stack
- Are an open-source collaborator, adept at raising issues & interacting with projects actively
- Experience deploying and maintaining monitoring and logging systems (Zabbix, Nagios, ELK, Splunk)
- Are a creative problem solver removing errors or blockers referring to source code
- Care deeply about delivering value to our developers and users with everything that is shipped
- Structure your thinking, communication, and work to collaborate effectively with a diverse, distributed team
- Bring energy, positivity, and unique perspectives to our global team
- Deliver results, with discipline to drive consistent progress and flexibility to adopt to new situations
- Bonus points: familiarity with Web3/blockchain technology, multiple languages, high growth startup/scaling experience, remote work history, based in Berlin
Working at 3Box
Our core team is small and fast, incredibly curious and laser-focused, community-oriented and individually accomplished. We have previously founded tech startups, authored books on identity, won awards for outstanding products, advised F100 CEOs, and much more. We believe greatness comes from a balanced team of happy people. We’ve lived in dozens of different countries (and on a sailboat), dropped out of college, finished college, captained varsity athletic teams, attended 10-day meditation retreats, run marathons, cycled thousands of miles per year, and built houses.
In line with our unique culture, working at 3Box offers unique benefits:
- Impact: our vision for the future is massive, and our operating model ensures we are delivering tangible results every week. You’ll see the benefit of your hard work and hear the appreciation in our community.
- Learning: not just skills and tech, but across all interests and personal goals. We do feedback every Friday, run a book club, and push each other to grow into more complex and fulfilled people every day
- Benefits: generous equity, wellness perks, regular team retreats, flexible learning budget, competitive salary (VC-funded early stage startup), and other benefits depending on country
- Flexibility; while anchored in Berlin and NYC, we are comfortable with remote work, whether that means most days at home, frequent travel, or working from the beach
- A movement: we work closely with some of the most exciting product teams, technical experts, thinkers, and ecosystem builders on the planet. We are at the center of a community of extraordinary people, and you will be too.
We are fully aligned on our core mission and values, and want to challenge ourselves with diverse perspectives on everything else. We’re committed to building an exceptional culture that supports teammates as they strive to realize their full potential. If you feel our purpose may be your own, share our values, and thrive in our kind of environment – come join us!