Application Deadline: August 10th 2019
The Japan-WCO Human Resource Development Programme (Scholarship Programme) provides a grant covering travel, subsistence, admission, tuition and other approved expenses to enable promising young Customs managers from a developing country member of the WCO to undertake Master’s level studies at the Aoyama Gakuin University (AGU) in Tokyo, Japan.
- A candidate must be a customs officer of a developing member of the
WCO with quality work experience of at least three years in the field of customs policy and administration in his/her home country.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have experience in IPR
border enforcement, and who are expected to work in the IPR-related
section of their Customs administration after this Scholarship
- A candidate must be in good health and preferably under 40 years of age as of April 1, 2020.
- Individuals who have already been awarded a scholarship under the
Japan-WCO Human Resource Development Programme in the past will not be entitled to apply for this Scholarship Programme.
- After the completion of the Programme, the candidates should
continue to work in their home Customs administration for 3 years at
- A monthly stipend covers accommodations, meals, transportations, and other expenses. It cannot be increased to cover family members, if any.
The amount of stipend is subject to change according to the decision of
the Japanese Government.*
- Admission and tuition fees.**
- Round-trip economy-class air tickets between your home country and Japan.*The current amount of monthly stipend is 147,000 yen (as of 2019).
**The current amount of admission fee is 290,000 yen and annual tuition fee is 917,000 yen (as of 2019).
For More Information: