VACANCY: IT SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR (Re-advertised)
Job Title: IT Systems Administrator
Department: IT Infrastructure Projects
Reports to: IT Infrastructure Projects Supervisor
Purpose of the Role
The incumbent will perform installation, configuration and maintenance of internal CBS systems and Network. He/she will ensure good performance, reliability and availability of systems to meet the requirements of the business. He/she will regularly identify technology gaps and provide recommendations.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Proactive monitoring and analysis of systems and network performance for early detection of faults to minimise unplanned disruptions.
- Performing maintenance of computer systems and network to keep them performing to their best possible levels.
- Planning, coordinating, and implementing security measures in order to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Performing backups and disaster recovery operations.
- Identifying technology gaps and recommend appropriate solutions.
- Initiating and/ implementing projects/solutions that improve CBS business.
- Coordinating with vendors for required purchases or outsourced services.
- Management of Internet and cloud services
- Organising and conducting end-user training.
- Windows server and Active Directory services
- TCP/IP, Internet management and usage control
- Virtualisation and Cloud
- Managed Antivirus Systems
- Remote monitoring and management tools
- Troubleshooting and problem solving
- Good planning, technical and analytical skills
- Work both independently and in a team with minimal supervision
- Self-motivated, engaging in continuous learning
- Good planning and Excellent technical writing skills;
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Diploma in Information Technology with at least three (3) years’ experience in similar role.
- Possession of MCSA (Windows server) and/or Network+ will be an added advantage
- ITIL Foundation will be an added advantage as well.
Interested candidates should forward an application letter, a detailed CV, certified copies of certificates and transcripts to: [email protected] OR
The Human Resources Business Partner
Computer Business Solutions
Fourth Floor, Post Office Building
P.O. Box 10659
The deadline for submission of applications is Friday, 10th August, 2018.
NOTE: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within 10 working days after deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.