RIGHT TO CARE
Job Title: IT SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
Contract type: Fixed-Term until 31 May 2024
Reporting to: IT& Robotics Technical Specialist
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
• Provide first-line support to all client facing applications, resolving technical issues related to hardware, software, and network systems.
• Respond to support requests in a timely and efficient manner.
• Work together with users to understand and diagnose problems, guiding them through solutions or escalating issues where necessary.
• Install, configure, and troubleshoot computer hardware and software components.
• Perform routine maintenance and updates on systems to ensure optimal performance.
• Conduct hardware and software inventory management.
• Assist in the administration and maintenance of the organization’s network infrastructure.
• Troubleshoot and resolve network connectivity issues.
• Implement network security protocols.
• Maintain accurate records of IT support issues and resolutions.
• Document procedures, configurations, and troubleshooting steps for future reference.
• Create user guides and training materials to empower end-users.
• Keep abreast of industry trends and security best practices to enhance the organization’s security posture.
• Assist in compliance audits and ensure adherence to relevant regulations.
• Work closely with external vendors for procurement, support, and issue resolution.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
• Solid understanding of computer systems, networks, and peripherals.
• Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Relevant certifications (e.g., CompTIA A+, CCNA) are an added advantage.
• TECHNICAL AND BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Resilience under pressure
• Concern for excellence
• Quality driven.
• High energy, passion, and enthusiasm
Interested candidates should submit submit their applications to [email protected] on or before 08th December 2023
By applying for the above-mentioned position, you consent to Right to Care to conduct qualification, ID, criminal and reference checks (internal and external) which forms part of the Company’s recruitment policy and procedure. Should you not receive a response to your application from Right to Care within one month of this advert being placed, kindly consider your application as being unsuccessful.
To protect employees and their families from contracting and spreading COVID-19 Right to Care has adopted the COVID-19 Mandatory
Consequently, all successful applicants are required to provide proof of vaccination.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.
Right to Care reserves the right to withdraw the vacancy at any time for whatever reason.
Right to Care is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.