The Ministry of Health has received support from Center for Disease Control (CDC) under the project title “Strengthening Ministry of Health’s Capacity (MOH-Cap) for HIV Diagnosis, Treatment and Monitoring in the Kingdom of Lesotho”. The Ministry is looking for a suitable candidate for the position of Information Technology (IT) Officer.
JOB TITLE : Information Technology (IT) officer
Maintain and respond to LIS and other integrated network systems, by diagnosing and fixing network, hardware and software problems.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor the performance of desktop software installations manually/ automatically and perform appropriate software upgrades.
- Implement and Manage file systems i.e. manage access to shared files, manage use of off-line files, manage file encryption in Active Directory
- Administer hardware devices and drivers: control access to printers, troubleshoot device (drivers) errors.
- Manage the desktop environment appropriately: manage user profiles, manage desktop settings, manage accessibility services, and manage remote server administration.
- Implement network services correctly: configure LAN connection, internet connection, email services; monitor firewall activity; implement browser security settings, manage Antivirus for the environment.
- Effectively maintain network server environment including physical security measures, resulting in reliable and operational servers with effective backup and recovery procedures.
- Effectively create operational network groups and maintain appropriate configuration and network connectivity in Active Directory
- Maintain inventory of hardware and software
- Manage Back-ups of servers and restore the database in case of system failures using RDBM – Relational Database Management System
- Take preventative action to avoid systems failure
- Keep records of hardware and software failures for future reference.
- Ensure successful backup and disaster recovery strategies are in place for all.
Degree in Health Information Technology or Degree in Computer Science.
- Four years’ experience in Clinical Laboratory Information Systems maintenance and operations.
- Strong analytical, diagnostic, and problem-solving skills.
- Good communication ability, both written and verbal.
Duration and Remuneration:
This position is for (1) year period and it is renewable based on performance and availability of funding.
The salary for this position is market related, but will also be commensurate with requisite qualifications and experience.
Written applications, CVs and certified copies of educational certificates should be hand delivered to: Ministry of Health Headquarters, Ground Floor, Corner Constitution and Linare Road, to the attention of: Procurement Manager, Ministry of Health Headquarters, Ground Floor, Corner Constitution and Linare Road, P.O. Box 514, Maseru. 100. For more information Contact number: (+266) 63051276 or Email: [email protected], cc; [email protected].
Closing Date for the applications is Wednesday the 23rd December, 2020 at 12:00 noon.
ONLY HAND DELIVERED APPLICATIONS SHALL BE CONSIDERED.