The IT Officer will perform activities related to the design, development, implementation, deployment, quality assurance, documentation and operations of IT products, technology, systems and/or applications. The IT Officer further oversees and supports all IT aspects within the Corporation. The key tasks would include:
• Establishing and managing networks, where applicable.
• Installing and managing new software including license compliance.
• Maintaining printers and other peripherals in good working order including the replacement of parts.
• Troubleshooting problems finding quick and cost-effective solutions.
• Support the management of IT-related assets through budgeting, procurement and tracking.
• Institute and maintain rigorous and regular back up system for all computers in the office ensure that all computers are backed up at all times.
• Provide IT support to staff.
• Manage the relationship with the internet service provider and ensure high-quality internet connectivity.
• Maintain network equipment including all switches, wireless access points, firewalls, and, Steel Head.
• Maintain network devices including printers and All-in-One Copiers.
• Configure and maintain servers.
• Oversee the maintenance and use of communication equipment in all locations, ensuring essential equipment is kept in good repair at all times. Communication equipment may include mobile phones and landlines.
• Provide appropriate IT and communication equipment training for LHLDC staff, through one-on-one coaching and taught sessions. This may include basic introduction to Windows and Office applications, e-mail and internet use, intermediate use of Office applications, backups, software installation, simple repairs and Security.
• Develop appropriate, relevant guidelines and policies e.g. online security, passwords, back-up procedures, anti-virus solutions, etc
OTHER NECESSARY SKILLS AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTE
• Results Focused
• Experience of training / coaching individuals in IT skills at different levels of ability.
• Advanced knowledge of Windows operating systems (e.g. Windows 7, etc.) and Microsoft Office applications, especially Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Hardware knowledge including PCs, laptops, network routers, printers, etc.
• Knowledge of networking and servers.
• A degree in Computer Systems Engineering/information Technology
• One (1) year’s working experience
• A Diploma in Computer Systems Engineering/information Technology
• Three (3) years’ working experience
The below will be an added advantage
• Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) certifications for:
• Windows Server 2008 or higher Network Infrastructure Configuration
• Windows Server 2008 or higher Applications Infrastructure Configuration
• Cisco Certified Network Associate / Routing & Switching (CCNA R/S) certification
• ITIL® Certification
• Experience with Riverbed Steel Head technology
• Business Processes Re-engineering
A COMPETITIVE REMUNERATION PACKAGE IS OFFERED
Applications with complete Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of certificates, names, addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) referees should be sent not later than Friday the 4th December, 2020 at 15:00hrs to:
THE HUMAN RESOURCES AND ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGER
LESOTHO HOUSING AND LAND DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION
P.O. BOX 460
Hand deliver at:
81 CONSTITUTION ROAD
NEXT TO PENSIONS BUILDING
The LHLDC reserves the right to re-advertise the position if no suitable candidate is found. If you have not been contacted a month after closing date please know your application was unsuccessful.