KARABO EA BOPHELO at Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Lesotho
The Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Lesotho (BCMCFL), is the result of a public-private partnership between Baylor College of Medicine International Paediatric AIDS Initiative (BIPAI) and the Government of Lesotho, and is a legal, non-profit/tax exempt organization registered in Lesotho. BCMCFL provides free paediatric and family-centred HIV and tuberculosis prevention, care, treatment and support, serving thousands of children and families affected by HIV, TB, or other child health conditions. Karabo ea Bophelo (KB) is a five-year USAID-funded activity to prevent new HIV infections and reduce vulnerability among orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) in Lesotho. All positions are based in Maseru, Lesotho on full-time, fixed term contracts.
IT & FACILITIES SUPPORT OFFICER
Reporting directly to the Finance and Administration Director, the IT & Facilities Support Officer is responsible for maintaining the I.T. infrastructure at the Karabo ea Bophelo offices in and outside Maseru, including but not limited to servers, desktop and laptop computers (50+), network switches, printers, telephones (PaBX), as well as ancillary systems such as the UPS and Responsible for building maintenance.
Key Performance Areas
- Maintains system efficiency and supports computers, Internet, and intranet systems
- Troubleshoots problems reported by users and contributes to their resolution, providing appropriate information to users
- Makes recommendations for future upgrades
- Maintains network and system security
- Analyses and isolate issues
- Monitors networks to ensure security and availability to specific users
- Identify user needs
- Maintains integrity and security of the network
- Maintains network facilities in individual machines, such as drivers and settings of personal computers as well as printers.
Qualification and Experience:
- Preferred Degree in IT or Computer Science, MCSE, Diploma or equivalent experience or certifications in an area related to Information Technology (i.e. Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering, Database Administration, Networking, etc)
- Experience with MySQL and any programming language would be a strong advantage
- Experience in Windows Server Administration would be a strong advantage
- Experience in working with health-related institutions would be an advantage
- Experience with Virtualization would be strong advantage
- Five years’ experience working with related field
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and fix end-user problems (hardware and software)
- Demonstrated knowledge of server administration in a Windows client-server environment.
- Experience designing I.T. infrastructure, from determining appropriate specifications to setup to operations and maintenance.
- Must be a self-starter and team player.
- Able to work with minimum supervision, prioritize own workload, anticipate the technical needs of the staff, and meet deadlines.
- Should be cost conscious in determining needs and making purchase recommendations.
- High level of integrity, accountability, trustworthiness and ethically sound behaviour.
- Must be willing to travel to outlying districts to provide I.T. support.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills of the advertised positions.
Quality of work as indicated by achievement of specific outputs detailed in the individual work plan.
Interested candidates must email applications, including CV and cover letter to [email protected] on or before Friday, 20th March 2020. Please quote the position applying for on the subject matter. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Citizens and residents of Lesotho are strongly encouraged to apply.