Ipas believes in a world where every woman and girl has the right and ability to determine her own sexuality and reproductive health.
Ipas SA works with partners such as Departments of Health to increase women’s and girls’ access to safe, high quality abortion. The organization’s programs include work to strengthen health systems by training safe abortion providers and clinic staff.
The Provincial Reproductive Health Coordinators (PRHCs) shall assist and support the Senior Health System (HS) Advisor in the discharge of Strengthening Health System responsibilities. He/she will be based in a province where activities will be implemented (one in Gauteng and one in Limpopo). He/she will be under the direct supervision of the Senior Health System Advisor.
Duties shall include program administration, facility base line assessment, coordination of facility-based interventions, clinical mentoring, monitoring and evaluation and data collection and submission. The Provincial Reproductive Health Coordinators shall liaise with the Senior Health Systems Advisor for contractual related matters e.g. adherence to timelines for reporting.
- Record, keep and submit accurate program activity documents
- Gather/collate/assess site log book data
- Conduct site baseline and site progress assessments at Ipas supported health facilities
- Ensure data quality for verification and triangulation and ensure transmission to Ipas South Africa office timeously
- Develop (with support from Ipas SA) a process to support, monitor and follow up the implementation of quality comprehensive abortion care services in selected sites
- Provide clinical mentoring related to the implementation of the comprehensive abortion care model as per guidelines provided
- Assisting providers in achieving and maintaining competence and resolving clinical issues
- Providing clinical support as much and as often as needed to ensure desired health service provider performance
- Prioritizing and addressing issues that prevent abortion care from being provided at all, then giving attention to issues that affect quality of care
- Focusing on issues the health service provider can resolve within his/her responsibilities and that are direct obstacles to service provision, rather than issues completely outside their sphere of influence that don’t impact service delivery
- Identifying necessary clinical and programmatic support needs and provide assistance when the clinical mentor has the knowledge and skills to do so
- Informing the Provider Support Team (facility and program managers, Ipas SA) of programmatic needs so that others on the team may assist when a clinical mentor is unable to provide complete support
- Engaging providers and other members of the facility’s staff in analysing and solving their own problems, thereby strengthening their capacity to resolve their own problems
- Documenting inputs, needs, communications and follow-up on the appropriate forms
- Reviewing documentation of prior inputs and following up on past problem areas to ensure problems have been resolved
- Prepare reports on the afore mentioned and other program activities to document project progress
- Assist in coordinating dissemination of data to health facility managers and staff
- Perform other duties as assigned by Senior Health Systems Advisor.
Internal & External Stakeholders, Suppliers as well as Third Parties
- Reports to Senior Health Systems Advisor in reference to workflow, deadlines, reports, and projects
- Maintains relationships with provincial, district and TOP service facility managers
- Works with associates, managers, directors, and other units in reference to reports and planning
- Qualified Midwife
- Preferably trained in Termination of Pregnancy (Manual Vacuum Aspiration and Medical Abortion) and contraceptives provision
- Familiarity with roll out of Comprehensive Abortion Care Services will be an advantage
- Familiarity with facility managers and TOP providers will be an advantage
- Maintain a respectful work relationship with TOP providers, health facility managers, facility, Ipas staff and TOP seeking clients
- Available to execute required program activities
- Proficient in Microsoft packages: word, excel
- Effective communicator: Excellent writing skills
- Must be able to travel extensively
- Contract period: September 2019 to November 2019 to a maximum of 18 days per month, which is renewable
- Rate per day: R2,000.00
- Payment will be upon submission of reports and invoices to the Ipas South Africa office.
- Residing in the identified province.
Ipas South Africa will provide:
- Orientation on his/her roles and responsibilities
- Relevant Ipas Standards and Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Tools to be used for supporting TOP providers and for reporting program activities
- Program implementation support as necessary.
- Provide hired vehicle for clinical mentoring and quarterly visits as per Ipas travel policy.
- Provide booked overnight accommodation as needed in alignment with Ipas travel policy.
- Provide a weekly work plan during days contracted during the contract period
- Accomplish all monthly tasks as assigned by applying Ipas Standards and Operating Procedures
- Submit monthly reports as per guidelines provided by the 25th of every month.
Ipas South Africa will pay the Provincial Reproductive Health Coordinator a gross amount subject to personnel tax upon submission of a report and achieving the desired outcomes.
Payment of the consultancy fees will be effected after submission of an invoice, time sheet and an activity report, subject to approval by the Senior Health System Advisor and Program Manager.
Qualified candidates can submit their CVs and cover letters by email to: [email protected] by 30 August 2019.