Purpose of the Job
To provide strategic development of domestic and foreign investments in line with Corporate plans and National Strategic Development Plans with focus on initiating, promoting and facilitating investment activities for Lesotho. Thus, the incumbent will carry out investment promotion activities generally and provide high quality service support to the Corporation and its key partners in major strategic projects as may be assigned at any point in time. The incumbent reports to the General Manager – Investment and Trade Promotion.
- Develop investment promotion strategies and annual plans in line with Investment and Trade promotion business unit strategy;
- Carry out research and studies according to specific programme needs and Lesotho’s private sector development priorities;
- Work closely with other strategic business units to achieve the overall mandate of the Corporation offices;
- Plan, organise, coordinate and implement outreach missions and road shows to promote Lesotho as an ideal investment and sourcing destination;
- Supply information and country visit reports as required, closely monitoring Lesotho’s economic/productive sectors, providing general information about the country’s business environment;
- Establish and manage an investment related information management system as well as preparing basic promotional materials either general or project specific;
- Interpret laws/regulations/policies governing investments and trade decisions to provide accurate advice and generic aftercare service to potential investors;
- Work closely with local/domestic investors on feasible joint venture opportunities for potential linkages with foreign direct investors;
- Coordinates implementation of various forms of engagement between LNDC and its development partners and investor community at large;
- Supervise investment promotion officers and work as a tight knot team in coordination with the officers;
- Performs any other duties that may not necessarily be within this job function but prove critical for the benefit of the Corporation or its clientele as may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time;
- Knowledge to undertake project preparation activities including market research and development of bankable business plans across Lesotho’s productive sectors is critical;
- Strong appreciation of investment promotion and project management life cycle is critical;
- Ability to communicate information and ideas effectively, clearly, fluently and concisely with a broad cross section of people;
- Possess excellent intuition and analytical ability with the aptitude to deal with matters of highly sensitive and complex nature;
- Excellent supervisory skills also a strong requirement;
- Excellent sales orientation and ability to develop successful investment sales pitches is crucial to be successful in this role;
- Experience in establishing and managing beneficial relationships with multiple stakeholders that will enable the inherent investment promotion efforts is also very key.
- Experience in strategic plan development in a private or public sector environment is advantageous but not a straight requirement;
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English and Sesotho;
- Competence in the use of standard softwares (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
- Ambitious and enthusiastic;
- Commitment to performance and accountability;
- Strong interpersonal skills and mediating ability; and
- Personality, conduct and credibility that engages and commands confidence and respect;
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree in Economics, Development Economics/Finance or related fields
- Minimum (5) years of progressive experience working in the private and /or public sector in Lesotho. Must have been in business development with the private sector and on public policy affecting private sector within public sector.
Term of Contract
Permanent and Pensionable terms
Remuneration and Benefits
The Corporation offers a competitive remuneration package for the position
How to Apply:
Interested, suitably qualified and experienced candidates should email their applications accompanied by educational certificates and transcripts in PDF FORMAT ONLY to [email protected]. Job title must be used as the subject heading. Closing date is Wednesday 18th August 2021 at 17:00.
To apply, candidates MUST download and fill an application form. Detailed job descriptions are also available on the website.
Enquires: HR Office – +266 2231 2012
Disclaimer: Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. The Corporation reserves a right to appoint suitable candidates that meet application requirements. No late applications will be accepted