KARABO EA BOPHELO at Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Lesotho (BCMCFL), is the result of a public-private partnership between Baylor College of Medicine International Pediatric AIDS Initiative (KARABO EA BOPHELO) and the Government of Lesotho, and is a legal, non-profit/tax exempt organization registered in Lesotho. Karabo ea. Bophelo (KB) is a five-year USAID-funded activity to prevent new HIV infections and reduce vulnerability among orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) in Lesotho.
KB has the opportunity of internship placements for young women ages 20-24 residing in Maseru and Berea that have participated in DREAMS and/or have lost their parents (orphaned). If you qualify, apply for this exciting opportunity to build your skills for employment.
Karabo ea. Bophelo (KB) – BCMCFL seeks qualified candidates for internship placements within local organizations and companies for an initial period of six months with the possibility of extension of an additional six months subject to the availability of funding, need and performance of candidates. This opportunity is based in Maseru and Berea.
This is a chance to enter the workforce and gain administrative and program skills that will be useful for future work. You will also be contributing to projects that better the lives of youth across Lesotho. The responsibilities are dependent on qualifications and possible experience, and may include supervise assistance on tasks such as:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform research
- Complete administrative tasks
- Organize and compile documents
- Attend meetings and take minutes
- Assist in preparing and sharing required information on time
Qualification and Key Competencies
- Tertiary qualification (diploma and degree)
- Graduated from or active participant in DREAM Project and/or an orphan (required)
- Young women between the ages of 20 – 24 years (required)
- Resident of the Maseru and Berea districts (required)
- Fluency in Sesotho and English
- Basic computer skills would be an added advantage
- Time management
- Relationship management
- Interpersonal skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving skills
Interested young women must email a, CV and a motivational letter on their participation in the DREAMS program to [email protected] on or before the extended closing date of Wednesday, 19th January, 2022. In the email, include the subject: Internship Application at KB. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.