For more information about the impact area and cluster, please visit https://www.csir.co.za/national-centre-nano-structured-materials and https://www.csir.co.za/future-production-chemicals respectively.
Under supervision, the Intern will be required to:
- Perform polymer nanocomposites: polymer processing and material characterization;
- Conduct literature searches for research projects;
- Conduct experimental work in the laboratory for research projects;
- Assist with the operation of equipment in the chemical plant in a very safe and environmentally friendly manner (training will be provided);
- Assist with characterisation of products/materials (e.g. SEM, XRD, TGA, etc.;
- Compile reports and other project related documents;
- Assist with thorough housekeeping of labs and scaling-up plants;
- Assist with the development of standard operating procedures (SOPs);
- Ensure that all the safety devices installed on the autoclave reactor and that they are operational.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- A National diploma in chemical engineering.
- A Bachelor’s and Honour’s degree will be advantageous;
- Research and report-writing skills;
- Computer literacy in MS Office Package;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to multi-task, and to perform consistently under pressure;
Closing date: 25 July 2019
PLEASE NOTE THAT FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.
For more info, please contact the CSIR Recruitment Centre on 012 841 4774 or email us at [email protected]
The CSIR is an equal opportunity employer. As such, it is committed to the Employment Equity Act of 1998. By applying for this position at the CSIR, the applicant understands, consents and agrees that the CSIR may solicit a credit and criminal report from a registered credit bureau and/or SAPS (in relation to positions that require trust and honesty and/or entail the handling of cash or finances) and may also verify the applicant’s educational qualifications and employment history. The CSIR reserves the right to remove the advertisement at any time before the stated closing date and it further reserves the right not to appoint if a suitable candidate is not identified.