Application Deadline: 25 June 2019.
Starting from this year, the Internet Society will combine the IGF Ambassadors and [email protected] into a single program called IGF Youth Ambassadors.
The goal of this program is to empower young adults aged 18 through 30 from all around the world by:
- Building their capacity through training
- Fostering a new cadre of young Internet leaders who are motivated to learn, engage, and act within their region and beyond
- Partnering with organizations to broaden the depth and breadth of the program
- Reinforcing the importance of multi-disciplinary leaders in
fostering the sustainability, robustness, security, stability and
development of the Internet
- Promoting youth citizenship, diplomacy, volunteerism and community service as key aspects of next generation leadership
- Broadening their experience and enabling their participation in public policy debates
A. 3-phase Selection Proces
The selection process will be conducted in three phases:
1. Online Applications
The first phase of the selection process is based on Online Applications.
All applicants must be:
- Internet Society Members
- Between 18-30 at the date of the IGF
- Able to present a strong motivation for Internet Governance
- Able to demonstrate interest and expertise in issues on the IGF agenda
- Comfortable with public speaking and communicating positions
- Able to demonstrate interest and experience in key Internet governance related issues
- Capable of appropriately representing the Internet Society and its views and policies as an Ambassador during the IGF
- Capable of continuing to work with the Internet Society locally after the IGF
- Fluent in English
- Able to spend a minimum of 8 hours each week during the eLearning Phase
- Ready to take part in the meetings and webinars
- Not been selected as [email protected] Fellow or IGF Ambassador before
The selection committee also attempts to achieve professional, geographical, and gender diversity in the overall selections.
2. 4-week Online Internet Governance Course
The applicants selected in phase 1 (up to 150 individuals) take a
4-week online course. The topics include: Internet Governance, Internet
Policy Principles, Actors and Stakeholder Groups, and Regulatory
All participants are grouped into classes, each with a dedicated expert moderator to facilitate the learning process. The top ones (up to 50) will proceed to the next phase.
3. Paper Writing
The top performers during the online course phase will be required to write a paper on an existing or emerging area in Internet Governance, leveraging the learnings from the course. The individuals who submit the best papers will be selected as IGF Youth Ambassadors (up to 30).
After being Selected:
After being selected
B. Webinar Series
The individuals who are selected as IGF Youth Ambassadors (up to 30)
participate at Webinar Series led by global Internet Governance experts
to deepen their knowledge, present their projects/ideas and be prepared
for the IGF.
C. Attending the IGF
IGF Youth Ambassadors receive support to attend the Global Internet Governance Forum, taking place in Berlin, Germany, from 25 to 29 November 2019.
IGF Youth Ambassadors will attend an onsite, dynamic leadership
session with Internet Society community members, youth representatives
from other programs, Internet Society staff and other IGF attendees.
This session takes the form of an unconference, with the agenda being
crowdsourced by attendees, and breakout groups facilitated to create
pockets of common interest and interaction. The goal is to build/deepen
relationships and foster community around youth engagement.
For More Information: