CIVICUS exists to defend people power. As a growing global alliance of over 10,000 members in 175 countries, we work together to monitor violations of basic civic freedoms, call out the perpetrators of violations and strengthen the power of people to organise by supporting a more accountable, effective and innovative civil society. We strive to promote excluded voices, especially from the Global South.
About the Role
The International Civil Society Week (ICSW) Digital Platform Officer is responsible for ICSW-related web content (ICSW virtual events page, ICSW official website, ICSW registration and other related online platforms) that provides up to date and engaging information, and enhances the experience of event participants. The successful candidate will be a key member of the ICSW Coordination Team, while also working closely with communications, membership, and IT teams. The role requires someone with significant experience in content management for digital platforms, and proven success in driving successful online experiences.
- Related Degree or diploma
- 2+ years of experience in online platform management, digital engagement or user experience
- Experience working with website personas and developing strategies to serve specific audiences.
- Understanding of good online practices and industry trends, including Web CMS, Personalization, Search, SEO, Privacy, and Social Media.
- Understanding of interactive media, tools and technologies.
- Thorough understanding of website architecture, content management and usability; knowledge of CMS (Joomla desirable) and site publishing processes/systems.
For this recruitment, CIVICUS greatly encourages applications from suitable candidates in the Global South and the African continent in particular.
Please click here for a full Job Description
How to apply
The closing deadline for applications is Close of Business on the 06th December 2020. Interested candidates should email their application to [email protected]
Your application should comprise of
- A full CV, including educational and professional qualifications, a full employment history showing the more significant positions, responsibilities held, and relevant achievements
- A covering note of not more than 1 page outlining your motivation for applying for the role.
Short listed candidates will be contacted the week of the 7th December 2020 to schedule interviews.
Due to high volumes of applications received, should you not have received feedback on your application within three weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. We reserve the right to withdraw any of our vacancies at any time.