The Lesotho PostBank your only Basotho bank invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for the following vacant position:
1. Job Title : Internal Audit Manager
Reports to : Chief Audit Executive
Location : Maseru
To provide assurance on the adequacy and effectiveness of the Bank’s system of internal controls, governance and risk management processes.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Plans financial, regulatory, compliance or operational reviews/audits;
• Coordinates work with Risk, Legal & Compliance and other control-related activities and with others within Internal Audit;
• Conducts risk assessments and identifies controls in place to mitigate identified risks;
• Analyses and concludes on effectiveness and efficiency of control environment;
• Identifies control gaps and opportunities for improvement;
• Prepares timely audit reports for executive management, the Audit Committee and the Board of Directors;
• Provides advice on internal control and participates in enhancing internal audit standards and practices;
• Researches new or technical subjects when required to support audits;
• Provides feedback on performance of Internal Auditors and on audit assignments as applicable;
• Ensures that assigned audit engagements are carried out successfully from beginning to end;
• Identifies and communicates issues raised, offering recommended solutions relevant to business and risk;
• Manages audit engagements, provides guidance and overall review of deliverables;
• Ensures audit conclusions are based on complete understanding of the process, circumstances and risk;
• Reviews audit programs and testing procedures relevant to risk and test objectives;
• Obtains and reviews evidence ensuring audit conclusions are well-documented.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Auditing or Accounting;
• At least 5 years internal or external auditing experience or related experience (e.g. Compliance, Legal, Internal Controls, Risk, Corporate Governance).
• Background in banking and financial services desirable.
• Knowledge of auditing processes and procedures, a must.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Ability to observe and understand business processes ensuring processes are documented completely and accurately.
• Ability to apply audit standards through practical application.
• Proactive in researching business best practice concepts in order to apply as appropriate.
• Solid listening skills and ability to identify gaps in logic – inquisitive.
• Strong organization and follow up skills including the ability to handle competing priorities and meet all deadlines and commitments.
• Possess an appropriate combination of technical expertise in fields such as auditing, finance, technology, operations, or investigations.
• Ability to flourish in a fast-paced, complex environment and willing to adapt to change.
Human Resources Department
Mafike House, 1st Floor,
The closing date for submission of applications is 3 April 2020.
Disclaimer: ONLY Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.