- Currently on a Bachelors/ Masters degree related to computer science, information technology or information systems
- User level knowledge of Linux (Basic administration), Networking (Basic), Troubleshooting and Internet fundamentals
At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon is continually evolving and is a place where motivated employees thrive and also where employee ownership and accountability lead to meaningful results.
Amazon is a place where builders can build. Our internships offer exceptional opportunities for you to grow your technical and non-technical skills. From day one, you will be working with experienced engineers and designers who love what they do.
As an Amazon intern, you will be interacting with your peers and Amazon Web Services global team of full-time professionals as part of our AWS Cloud Support team. You’ll be working at the forefront of Amazon’s Web Services providing expert technical support to organizations all across the globe (supporting the AWS services, including EC2, S3, VPC and RDS). You will benefit from the opportunity to gain experience on our cloud services, hands on training and learning as you go. You’ll have lots of fun and maybe even make history!
- Interested in technology and working with customers
- Familiarity with Web Servers and website hosting concepts
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Good understanding of Linux or Windows Server operating systems
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and DNS
- Understanding of relational database architecture
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer, and we value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Amazon is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from South African citizens who are members of designated groups who may contribute to Employment Equity within the workplace and the further diversification of ideas. In this regard, the relevant laws and principles associated with Employment Equity will be considered when appointing potential candidates. We are required by law to verify your ability to work lawfully in South Africa. Amazon requires that you submit a copy of either your identity document or your passport and any applicable work permit if you are a foreign national, along with an updated curriculum vitae