We are delighted to offer this new and challenging role to join our team and help us build and facilitate our next-generation of development solutions. At VMware, our Global People Development (GPD) team is dedicated to enabling all talent to lead VMware into the future. Establishing world class teams is central to this objective which will comprise much of your initial focus. We partner with the business to ensure everyone has growth opportunities, exceed their potential and drive higher performance for VMware. We do this by providing global, enterprise-wide talent development solutions, aligned to business strategy and designed to meet the needs of our community of continual learners. You will be central to helping us realise all of this in new and innovative solutions, while leveraging the latest in Instructional design, learning technology and digital delivery modalities.
Success in the Role: What are the performance outcomes over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
We need someone who join our team to initially support the build out of our Team based solution while pivoting in time to support our other development initiatives across the organisations from entry to executive level.
- In the first six months you will partner closely with our lead consultant in the Teaming space to help establish best in class team development solutions through collaborative engagement with global business leaders, HR partners and the broader GPD team. You will get deeply involved in instructional design and delivery modality development for our Team development offerings.
- At the end of your first six months you will support the build out of an established, robust strategy to enhance our team based offerings into the future as well as beginning to support other solution development across our team.
- You will be ready to pilot a number of your ideas and concepts in the second half of your first year.
- At the end of year one you will have developed and designed a set of team-based solutions with full rollout to at least two management levels across the organization. In addition to this you will have built deep cross enterprise relationships and established yourself as the go to person when it comes to team and group development design, as well as instructional design across our various solutions.
The Work: What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
As one of our lead instructional designers you will engage in research of cutting-edge practices in both team and management development. You will leverage your instructional design skills to develop, design and build programs and solutions at all levels across VMware. In addition, you will create development journeys and build interactive experiential content for leaders and teams to engage with.
As required, you will partner with and support the consultancy team of GPD with ID support, in their engagements with the business. At times you may need to pilot/facilitate new develop interventions across the enterprise and partner/collaborate with HR colleagues to scale this globally. As part of the broader GPD team you will be a key contributor to our future growth and strategic thinking as we plan into the future. Partnership, collaboration and transparency will be among the key skills you will demonstrate to support your instructional design and development projects.
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
The hiring manager for this role is John Ryall who leads the Leadership Studio, our solution development and customer facing team in GPD. The team is small and John’s leadership style is one of collaboration and partnership couched in clear and candid communication. He brings over 20 years domain experience to the role gained through being a corporate consultant for many years and holding leadership roles in the learning functions of a variety of well-known tech companies over the last 11 years. His guiding philosophy is ‘we hire the best, so they can tell us what we should be doing rather than us telling them what to do’. Empowerment is key to this team, not command and control and he expects everyone to bring their ‘A’ game, thinking independently, while also having fun along the way.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
- Generous Time Off Programs
- 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Rethink’s Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behavior challenges, or developmental disabilities
- Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.)
Category : HR
Subcategory: Training and Org Development
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-03-31
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.