Applications are invited from suitably qualified local candidates for the following positions tenable in the Ministry of Education and Training:
DEPARTMENT : DISTRICT MANAGEMENT
POSITION : INSPECTOR (2)
GRADE : H (M216, 084.00 -M256, 920.00 P/A)
Under the general supervision of District Education Manager (DEM), the incumbent is responsible for undertaking inspection of Schools in the assigned district to ensure compliance with and adherence to Education policies. The incumbent will liaise and offer support to Schools’ management. The incumbent will be answerable to the District Education Manager technically and the District Council Secretary administratively to undertake the following duties:-
1. Assists and advises District Education Manager in the management of education and training affairs of the District including schools administration, and curriculum and educational facilities provision.
2. Monitors the implementation of the curricula and other education policies through the inspection of educational establishments in relation to agreed indicators of performance, and develops plans to address challenges in the implementation of these policies.
3. Conducts an annual school inspection programme for the district or areas of assignment;
4. Inspects educational establishments in respect of their management and administration of curriculum provision, teaching and learning, school funds, facilities and other matters of staff and learner wellbeing, applying agreed criteria for assessment.
5. Advises the Ministry on matters relating to future needs in respect to supply of teachers, school facilities and teaching and learning materials.
6. Identifies and arranges for the dissemination amongst educational establishments of information and training about good practice in respect of management, administration, teaching and learning.
7. Develops and delivers training programs for school boards, principals, and teachers.
8. Conducts action research on educational issues in the designated area.
9. Contributes to the on-going development of curricula and other policies of the education service and development of quantitative and qualitative indicators of performance relating to these policies.
10. Identifies aspects of curriculum in which there is a need for teaching and learning materials and other resources to be developed and to arrange for appropriate action to be taken to effect their development and production.
11. Liaises with the relevant authorities in the development and administration of assessment and examination procedures, and analyses examination results to advise the Ministry on appropriate action.
12. Liaises with appropriate staff in teacher training institutions in the design and delivery of pre-service and in-service courses for teachers.
13. Prepares periodic reports on schools’ inspections and related activities.
Master’s Degree in Education plus two (2) years’ teaching experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Education, with five (5) years’ teaching experience.
Bachelor’s Degree in Arts with Post Graduate Diploma in Education with five (5) years teaching experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Education plus 5 years’ experience working in the educational Institutions preferably as Itinerant Teacher.
The incumbent must have held a management position in an educational institution for at least three (3) years.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Skills in instructional supervision, communication and teaching
• A working knowledge of the Lesotho Educational Act No 2 of 2010, Teaching Service Regulations 2002 and School (supervision and Management) Regulations of 1988
• Good interpersonal and communicative skills
• Willingness to work in any part of Lesotho
• someone who can endure hardship for most of our schools are in the difficult hard to reach areas of this country.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY SERVING OFFICERS MAY APPLY FOR GRADE F POSITIONS HERE ADVERTISED.
Applications on the relevant forms G.P. 104 for serving officers and G.P. 103 for job seekers duly accompanied by certified copies of educational certificates, performance appraisal forms transcripts, diplomas etc. must be addressed to:
The Principal Secretary
Ministry of Education and Training
P. O. Box 47
Maseru – 100
Not later than, 30th October, 2019