The Red Hat Sales team is looking for a telco focused Inside Sales Account Representative to join us in Johannesburg, South Africa. In this role, you will work with an experienced field sales account manager to achieve sales growth for both new and existing telco customers in the region. You’ll identify and take advantage of opportunities with these customers, manage sales forecasts on a quarterly basis, and track customer data. As an Inside Sales Account Representative, you will also work with current and prospective customers over the phone and email to identify new business, renewals, and up-sell and cross-sell opportunities to optimize our quality of service, business growth, and customer satisfaction. You will have a great opportunity to work closely with a multicultural team to create solutions that serve both Red Hat and our customers.
Primary job responsibilities:
- Support your field sales account manager by providing quotes and pricing and by responding to sales inquiries
- Manage and close part of the team’s pipeline
- Generate new business opportunities in your assigned region
- Schedule appointments and other activities as requested by your field sales account manager
- Be aware of all sales-related activities in our customer contact database; schedule follow-up activities as needed
- Update and manage the pipeline and prepare revenue forecasts
- Work with Finance, Bid Desk, Legal, and Operations teams across the region to facilitate deals and make sure all necessary information is provided
- Demonstrated success in a similar technology or software sales support position like outside sales, inside sales, telesales, or sales administration; record of achieving sales goals
- Understanding of the complete sales cycle management from prospect to close
- High quality customer service skills
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work on your own to close deal values up to US$50,000 over the phone
- Ability to build long-term relationships with customers by establishing trust and credibility
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Experience working with reporting, spreadsheets, and office tools
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English; additional languages are a plus
- Experience in the telco industry is a plus
About Red Hat:
Red Hat is the world’s leading provider of enterprise open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to deliver reliable and high-performing Linux, hybrid cloud, container, and Kubernetes technologies. Red Hat helps customers integrate new and existing IT applications, develop cloud-native applications, standardize on our industry-leading operating system, and automate, secure, and manage complex environments. Award-winning support, training, and consulting services make Red Hat a trusted adviser to the Fortune 500. As a strategic partner to cloud providers, system integrators, application vendors, customers, and open source communities, Red Hat can help organizations prepare for the digital future.
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.