Ministry of Agriculture,
Food Security and Nutrition
REQUEST FOR BIDS Specific
Request for Bids
(One-Envelope Bidding Process)
Employer: Government of Lesotho – Ministry of Agriculture and Food Security
Project: Agricultural Productivity Programme for Southern Africa (APPSA)
Contract title: Infrastructure Rehabilitation of Nyakosoba Research Station in Maseru District
Loan No. /Credit No. / Grant No.: P164486/ IDA -63580 –LS
RFB No: LS-DAR-325430-CW-RFB
Issued on: 2nd March 2023
- The Government of the Kingdom of Lesotho has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Agricultural Productivity Programme for Southern Africa (APPSA) for the Ministry of Agriculture and Food Security.
- The Ministry of Agriculture and Food Security through APPSA now invites sealed Bids from eligible Bidders for The Proposed Infrastructure Rehabilitation of the Nyakosoba Research Station in Maseru district for period of 9 months. Margin of preference will not be applicable.
- Bidding will be conducted through national competitive procurement using a Request for Bids (RFB) as specified in the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” March 2021 (“Procurement Regulations”) and is open to all Bidders as defined in the Procurement Regulations.
- Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from Ministry of Agriculture and Food Security, Department of Agricultural Research, Agricultural Productivity Programme for Southern Africa, situated at Lesotho Agricultural College site, Moshoeshoe II Maseru; Procurement Manager at [email protected] and inspect the bidding documents during office hours 0900 to 1600 hours, or call +266 22312395.
- The bidding document in English Language may be purchased by interested eligible Bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of One Thousand Maloti (LSL 1,000.00). The method of payment will be Bank Transfer to this bank account detailed below and shall be collected from the address shown in 4. above or can be send by email:
Name of Account: Agricultural Productivity Programme for Southern Africa
Account Number: 9080006945593
Bank: Standard Lesotho Bank
Account Type: Current
Branch Code: 060667
Swift Code: SBICLSMX
- Bids must be delivered in sealed envelope addressed to the Principal Secretary of the Ministry of Agriculture and Food Security, to the address below on or before 30th March 2023 at 12:00noon. Electronic Bidding will not be permitted. Late Bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the Bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who chooses to attend at the address below on 3rd April 2023 at 14:30pm.
- All Bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of Seventy-Five Thousand Maloti (LSL 75,000.00)
- All Bids must be accompanied by a Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (SEA) and/or Sexual Harassment (SH) Declaration.
- There will be a site meeting on 15th March 2023 at 11:00 at the Department of Agricultural Research – Nyakosoba Research Station in Maseru District.
- The address (es) referred to above is (are)
Ministry of Agriculture and Food Security
Headquarters, Ground Floor
Corner Linare and Constitutional Roads