Information Technology Auditor: Ref: IT AUD
The Internal Auditor will undertake risk-based assurance and consultancy services under the direct supervision of a Section Head, Information and Technology Audits.
Areas of responsibility include:
• Planning, scoping and developing the audit test procedures;
• Performing and controlling the full audit cycle according to the audit methodology, code of ethics and internal auditing standards (IPPF);
The Candidate will be required to:
• Perform assessment of the adequacy and effectiveness of IT Governance, IT risk management and IT control management over operations. Other areas include assessment of systems reliability, information security, IT compliance with all applicable standards and regulations, safeguarding of assets and achievement of the Bank’s objectives;
• Undertake consulting services regarding systems development and implementation, reliability, information security, IT compliance etc.;
• Organizing and using resources effectively to complete audit assignments within budget;
• Documenting business processes using narratives, flowcharts and process maps;
• Identify and analyse risks from the documented business processes in order to evaluate control adequacy and effectiveness in areas being audited;
• Making appropriate recommendations when reporting the results of audits;
• Gaining knowledge of central banking, operations, policies and procedures (including banking laws and regulations) under which the Bank operates and understand how information systems enable business processes;
• Continue developing internal audit skills. Pursue continuing education and professional certifications.
Keep abreast of new technologies, new developments and best practices in the audit profession.
Candidates applying for this role require the following behavioural competencies:
• Formulating strategies & concepts
• Deciding & initiating action
• Delivering results & meeting customer expectations
• Presenting & communicating
• Applying expertise & technology
All candidates wishing to apply should have the above stated behavioural competences and the following minimum qualifications and experience:
Minimum requirement is a Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following: Computer Science, Computer Systems and Networks, Information Systems, Software Engineering, Financial Information Systems (FIS) or equivalent.
CISA, CISM and/or CIA and other related certifications
Letters of application, comprehensive Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of original certificates and transcripts,names and contacts (including telephone and e-mail)of two(2) referees must be sent on or before 30th September 2019 to: –
The Director of Human Resources, Central Bank of Lesotho, P.O. Box 1184, MASERU 100