Note: This position is contingent on contract award.
- The Informatics Technical Advisor will provide expert scientific advice, consultation, and leadership in designing, coordinating, and maintaining public health informatics project goals, objectives, and priorities.
- Build technical informatics capacity within the CDC South Africa team.
- Manage projects involved with public health informatics and serves as a subject matter expert in the utilization and implementation of IT systems integrating epidemiologic and other information from a scientific perspective.
- Implement scientific policies and procedures on informatics practices and principles. Assist CDC South Africa with the development of proposals and work plans for implementing Health Information Management System.
- Health information Management System (HMIS)-related activities Conduct site meeting and visits to CDC South Africa and implementing partners to assess, monitor, and evaluate implementation of HMIS programs against goals and o bjectives.
- Develop strategies to meet short and long-range goals for the applicable program and assures that strategies reflect most promising directions in research, preventive, and clinical approaches as it relates to public health informatics.
- Coordinate the sharing of health-related informational materials so that scientific advice and assistance is shared.
- Apply new methods, approaches, and technology to new and unusual situations and these methods have broad applications in the field.
- Collaborate and provide expert scientific advice to a variety of nation-wide and international organizations to synthesize and implement informatics policies and directions for future development.
- Collaborate with and provide expert advice to all organizational levels with the agency, as well as with various partner organizations.
- Graduate degree in informatics, computer science, or other related field; Advanced training in epide miology and public health evaluation.
- International experience working with Ministries/Departments of Health, with a strong preference for prior work experience working with South Africa’s National Department of Health.
- Experience in analyzing data from PEPFAR information systems including DATIM, Expenditure Analysis, and SIMS.
- Ability to successfully pass a Level 5 National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI).
CAMRIS International offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. Please submit your resume online at www.camris.com. CAMRIS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by any applicable federal, state, or local law.
Full vaccination against COVID-19, defined as two doses of Moderna, two doses of Pfizer, or one dose of Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen, is required for this position.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, a requirement for this position under an active federal contract. The background check process may include, but is not limited to the following: (1) contacting your professional references; (2) verification of previous employment, education and credentials; (3) a criminal background check; (4) use/abuse of federally-controlled substances; and (5) a department of motor vehicle check. Candidates must be prepared to fully-complete any required background check questionnaire during initial onboarding.
How to apply