IkamvaYouth is a township-based volunteer programme that gets learners out of poverty through education. The organization exists to reduce inequality in South Africa, and its track record of matric results, access to post-school opportunities, and alumni success is proof that positive change is possible.
IkamvaYouth seeks to appoint a Business Development Coordinator to be based in Cape Town.
The purpose of the Position is to be responsible for ensuring that IkamvaYouth diversifies its income sources with a particular focus on the B-BBEEE codes and non-donor income.
Reports to: Business Development Manager.
Remuneration: R 252 674.76 per annum
- KPA1: Business Development
- Develop and implement a business development strategy with support from the Business Development Manager with detailed execution plans to achieve greater financial sustainability
- Design a framework in which business development objectives/targets can be achieved
- Work together with the Business Development Manager and the Executive Director to develop new service offerings based on IY’s core competencies
- Ensure that Ikamva House is effectively marketed and the building is fully occupied by tenants generating the targets set
- KPA2: Corporate Social Responsibility and B-BBEE
- Prepare proposals to funders about IY’s skills development matric bursary
- Present IkamvaYouth at donor meetings
- Cultivate relationships with potential new donors
- Provide potential corporate business partners with information on B-BBEE scoring
- KPA1: Business Development
- KPA3: Donor Liaison and Grant Management
- Develop and manage positive relationships with all relevant stakeholders
- Develop and maintain relationships with corporate businesses
- Review all grant agreements
- Where necessary, negotiate changes to grant agreements
- KPA4: Reporting to Donors
- Review branch data for reports to donors
- Ensure all South African corporate business donors reporting requirements are met
- Ensure high-quality reports are submitted to donors
- KPA5: Finance
- Support the finance team in relation to reports to be submitted pertaining to business development
- Review management accounts monthly for the department
- If using the IY card, ensure receipts are submitted timeously to the finance department
- KPA6: Administration and Ad-hoc Support
- Provide ad hoc support to the Business Development Manager
- Attend and participate in IkamvaYouth’s internal meetings as required and provide information and input to be incorporated into the meeting packs (as required)
- Degree (undergraduate) in Business or Development Studies is a non-negotiable pre-requisite
- Minimum of 2 years Fundraising experience is a non-negotiable pre-requisite
- Knowledge of the NPO sector and B-BBEE codes
- Experience with working on Google Drive
- Experience with working on Salesforce
- Strong networking capacity
- Excellent command of English to be able to produce top-quality proposals
- Creative and able to build innovative sources and mechanisms to diversify income sources
- Organizing and Planning Skill
- Strategic Management
- Attention to detail
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Interested applicants should submit their Curriculum Vitae and a motivation letter via email to [email protected] with the subject heading “Business Development Coordinator” .
For more about Tshikululu Social Investments, refer to http://tshikululu.org.za/
All applicants must include a Motivational Letter setting out why they are the most suitable candidate for this role.