We have an outstanding opportunity for an ICT System Specialist – Data & Business Systems, in the Information & Communications Technology (ICT) Section, in our Strategy, Portfolio, Partnerships & Digital (SPPD) Division.
The successful candidate ICT System Specialist – Data & Business Systems will be responsible for database administration, configuration, data analytics and business systems support. The post holder shall also participate in software design and development tasks.
Other responsibilities entailed in this role include (but are not limited to):
- Liaises with external or internal clients, assesses and analyses their existing methods and systems and needs and translate user requirements develop systems specifications for new systems and tools to support the business.
- Develops Application Programming Interfaces and micro-services.
- Designs and deploys algorithms and applications.
- Undertakes pre-processing of data sets for use by the Secretariat
- Implements User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and documents the process as appropriate.
- Provides database administration (DBA) functions to mission critical database applications.
- Plan and implements data migration and where necessary systems integration.
To be considered you must at least a degree in IT or related areas and Certification in Systems Development/ Programming and database administration.
The Commonwealth is a voluntary association of 54 member governments and provides guidance on policy making, technical assistance and advisory services to Commonwealth member countries. We support governments to help achieve sustainable, inclusive and equitable development.
To join us, you must be a citizen of a Commonwealth country.
Please apply by submitting a CV and cover letter. Covering letters should be structured to address the key criteria required in the person specification, giving clear examples.
Closing date: 9 December 2020, 1700hrs BST