KARABO EA BOPHELO at Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Lesotho. The Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Lesotho (BCMCFL), is the result of a public-private partnership between Baylor College of Medicine International Pediatric AIDS Initiative and the Government of Lesotho, and is a legal, non-profit/tax exempt organization registered in Lesotho. BCMCFL provides free pediatric and family-centred HIV and tuberculosis prevention, care, treatment, and support, serving thousands of children and families affected by HIV, TB, or other child health conditions. Karabo ea Bophelo (KB) is a five-year USAID-funded activity to prevent new HIV infections and reduce vulnerability among orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) in Lesotho.
BCMCFL is looking for highly qualified local candidates to fill in the following positions available under Karabo ea Bophelo Project on a full-time, Fixed-Term Contract basis.
I.T. and Facilities Support Officer x 1
Based in Maseru KB Office
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Senior I.T. Officer, The I.T. and Facilities Support Officer is responsible for maintaining the IT infrastructure at KB offices in and outside Maseru, including but not limited to servers, desktop and laptop, computers (50+), network switches, printers as well as ancillary systems such as the UPS and responsible for overseeing building maintenance.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintains systems efficiency and supports computers, internet and intranet systems;
- Troubleshoots problems reported by users and contributes to their resolution, providing appropriate information to users;
- Makes recommendations for future upgrades;
- Maintains network and system security;
- Analyzes and isolate issues;
- Monitors networks to ensure security and availability to specific users;
- Identify user needs;
- Maintains integrity and security of the network;
- Maintains network facilities in individual machines, such as drivers and setting of personal computers as well as printers;
- Creating IDs for new staff;
- Ensure regular maintenance of buildings and buildings systems (electrical, plumbing, air conditioning etc.)
- Do any other related duties as maybe assigned by the administration from time to time and pass on any feedback or suggestions by staff to I.T. and Facilities Manager.
Educational Qualifications, Work Experience and Key Competencies
- Preferred Degree in I.T. or Computer Science, MCSE, Diploma or equivalent experience or certifications in an area related to Information Technology (i.e., Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering, Database Administration, Networking, etc.)
- Experience with MySQL and any programming language would be an added advantage
- Experience in Window service Administration would be an added advantage
- Experience with Virtualization would be an added advantage
- Five years’ experience working in related field
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and fix end-user problems (hardware and software)
- Demonstrated knowledge of server administration in a Windows client-service environment
- Experience designing I.T. infrastructure, from determining appropriate specifications to setup to operations and maintenance
- Must be a self-starter
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, prioritize own workload, anticipate the technical needs of the staff and meet deadlines
- Should be cost conscious in determining needs and making purchase recommendations
- High level of integrity, accountability, trustworthiness and ethically sound behavior
- Excellent organizational, time management and prioritization skills and attention to details are required
- Must be willing to travel to outlying districts to provide I.T. support
Highly qualified Citizens and Residents of Lesotho are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria must email applications letters including CVs, certified copies of identity documents, qualifications and three work-related referees with contact details (one should be from current supervisor/employer).
All applications must be emailed to [email protected] on or before Friday, 03rd September 2021. Clearly indicate the name of the post applied for on the subject Line. Applications to be submitted through the email provided only. No hard copies will be accepted. Late applications will not be considered. Failure to comply with the above directions will results in the application being disqualified.
BCMCFL reserves the right to leave an advertised position unfilled if no suitable candidate is identified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.