Here’s where you come in:
As Humanitarian Affairs Director, you will:
- Provide strategic, innovative and operational leadership for the implementation of World Vision’s Disaster Management (early warning, mitigation, response and recovery) in Southern Africa, to contribute to the regional and National office strategies.
- Ensure the quality of WV emergency response engagement including appropriate structures, standards (internal and external), policies, staffing and resources.
- Provide leadership to the DM2020 process working across all sectors and functions to ensure WV’s disaster management work is cutting edge, and effectively supporting children in all types of emergencies, with particular focus on conflicts and urban.
- Build relationships internally and externally to increase and promote integrated disaster management and resource development, and be an authoritative voice for policy change and learning.
- Masters-level degree in international development or a similar field.
- A Minimum of 10 years of humanitarian experience with minimum five years in a leadership role in a large international organization preferably in Africa.
- Seasoned experience in strategy development, response management and program integration.
- Proven ability to manage seasoned professionals in a virtual environment.
- Strong empirical knowledge of the humanitarian sector including humanitarian charters, laws and standards.
- Strong external engagement and collaboration networking skills
- Strong written and verbal skills in English and preferably another language, especially French.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 31 OCT 2019. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.