The Examinations Council of Lesotho [ECoL] invites expressions of interest from suitably qualified local candidates for the following position;
POSITION : HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICER
NO. OF POSITIONS : 1
RESPONSIBLE TO : MANAGER HUMAN RESOURCES AND ADMINISTRATION
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: PERMANENT AND PENSIONABLE
Under the general supervision of Manager Human Resources and Administration, the Human Resources Officer is responsible for delivering effective and compliant generalist human resources advisory and administrative services to both internal and external stakeholders in accordance with relevant legislation, ECOL policies, organisational directives and work instructions. This position will be required to deliver high quality customer service, build strong working relationships across the organisation and positively promote the organisation at all times.
• Provides support and advice efficiently and effectively in all areas of Human Resources (HR) including but not limited to the areas of recruitment and selection, learning and development, performance management and reviews, grievances and dispute resolution and change management
• Monitors relevant legislation and ensures that the ECoL’s HR practices meet requirements
• Assists in the regular review, development and implementation of organisational directives, work instructions and HR related systems and documentation with an aim to maintain compliance and achieve industry best practice where possible
• Maintains relevant human resources records, information and databases to ensure accuracy and availability of information where required
• Assists in the coordination of all aspects of the employee lifecycle including the end to end recruitment process, induction and termination
• Provides in-house training and workshops to assist others in understanding HR requirements where appropriate
• Ensures that confidentiality with respect to all HR processes and information is maintained at all times
• Fosters and promotes a performance based and collaborative organisational culture
• Any other duties as directed by the Manager Human Resources and/or line management within known skills, knowledge and capabilities.
• High quality communication skills that result in effective communication with a broad range of people internal and external to ECoL, including the proven ability to communicate human resource advice and concepts clearly
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills to facilitate interaction, cooperation and trust with relevant stakeholders to achieve desired outcomes and establish and maintain strong and productive working relationships.
• A demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Workplace Agreements
• Ability to work under direction from the Manager Human Resources to achieve high quality results by taking a shared responsibility for setting priorities, organising workloads and meeting prescribed or self-imposed deadlines in a team environment
• High attention to detail and ability to prepare documentation in line with relevant situational requirements
• Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
• Proven experience in enhancing processes and practices;
• Proven experience in adding value to the team, Directorate and organisation while working independently under broad direction and strict deadlines.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources/related field
• 3 years’ experience in a human resources role
• Certificate in Labour relations will be an added advantage
Applications should be accompanied by a covering letter explaining interest, a detailed résumé showing three contactable referees and addressed to:
The Manager Human Resources
Examinations Council of Lesotho
OR emailed to: [email protected]
The closing date for the submission of applications is Friday 08th July at 12:00.
Correspondence will only be done with the shortlisted candidates.