Human Resources and Admin Officer At Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Lesotho
The Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Lesotho (BCMCFL) is the result of a public-private partnership between Baylor College of Medicine International Pediatric AIDS Initiative (BIPAI) and the Government of Lesotho, and is a legal, non-profit/tax exempt organization registered in Lesotho. BCMCFL provides free paediatric and family-centred HIV and tuberculosis prevention, care, treatment and support, serving thousands of children and families affected by HIV, TB, andother child health conditions.
Position: Human Resources & Admin Officer
Duty Station: Maseru, Lesotho
Reports to: Human Resources & Admin Managers
Classification : Full-time, fixed term contract
The incumbent will supportthe human resources and administrative activities of BCMCFL. S/he will implement human resources and administration policies and procedures, not limited to participation in staff recruitment and retention, performance management, payroll, staff welfare and development, employee relations and HR systems.
Key Performance Areas:
- Implement HR and administration policies and procedures and communicate related changes through staff manuals and general meetings;
- Conduct staff training to on HR policies and procedures to ensure staff compliance and create a conducive environment;
- Provide advice to management on HR related matters to enhance staff welfare;
- Compile data for payroll processing including tracking of vacation and sick time in the online HR management system;
- Verify payroll transactions and respond to queries;
- Receive and capture job applications;
- Assist with recruitment logistics of potential employees for the organization;
- Participate in the on-boarding process of new staff;
- Advise management on employee relations matters in line with the disciplinary and grievance policies of BCMCFL;
- Implement HR and administration programmes to support the performance management and improvement strategies of the organization;
- Update and maintain employees’ records on the HR system and personnel files for ease of reference and prompt decision making;
- Update leave transactions and facilitate ease of access and approval of all leave categories;
- Support employee wellness activities in liaison with management to create a conducive working environment and promote a culture of high performing teams;
- Manage phone calls and correspondence (e-mail, letters, packages etc.) directed to the HR and Administration departments;
- Process employees’ requests and provide relevant information;
- Make requisitions for the Admin Department’s operational expenses
- Liaise with the Foundation’s Medical Aid provider, including handling queries and managing billing processes;
- Keep stock of office supplies and place orders when necessary
Qualifications, Experience & Required Skills:
- Degree in Human Resources/Business Management/Public Admin;
- Proven two years’ work experience in the Human Resources or Administration field;
- Experience with HR software packages such as VIP Payroll or PSIber;
- Computer literacy and experience with MS Office applications;
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills;
- Excellent teamwork skills, phone etiquette, and problem solving skills are essential.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills of the advertised position.
Quality of work as indicated by achievement of specific outputs detailed in the individual work plan.
Applicants must email application, including CV and cover letter to [email protected]
The subject matter should be specified Human Resources & Admin Officer: BCMCFL.Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Citizens and residents of Lesotho are strongly encouraged to apply.
Closing Date: 11 November 2019, 12:00 Noon