TITLE : Human Resources Officer
DEPARTMENT : Human Resources
LOCATION: Maseru, Lesotho
WORK FROM ALMOST ANYWHERE STATUS: Not Applicable
Under the DoD project the incumbent will facilitate, coordinate and support PSI Human Resources processes to achieve organizational HR objectives.
This job is based in Maseru and reports to the Country Representative
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Oversees HR administrative duties including, but not limited to Leave Administration, Pay Roll Administration, Provident fund, and medical aid coordination and is responsible for monthly reconciliation of the leaves and timesheets.
- Coordinates the recruitment and hiring process.
- Communicates all HR related policies and procedures to employees for their understanding and compliance.
- Provides HR support within the organization through the implementation of HR solutions, policies & procedures addressing employee lifecycle.
- Oversees maintenance of HR Information including but not limited to the HR data base and filing.
- Follows up on all staff to ensure that all staff that they have completed the mandatory trainings such as Code of conduct and abortion.
- Processes staff terminations documentation (exit interviews, staff clearance) and prepare salary progression in preparation for terminal benefits.
- Capture data from timesheets including leave tracking sheets for overtime and produce monthly time tracking reports.
- Provides HR support to employees in the implementation of the PSI Performance Management system.
- Updates the Org-chart and emergency call tree whenever there are changes.
- Runs the Bridger insight report and conducts reference checks for successful candidates before the approval for recruitment by the Country Representative.
- On a biannual period, reviews staff files to ensure compliance to HR standards and monitors updates in the files.
- Facilitates the orientation process of new employees.
- Maintains confidentiality of HR Records
- Contributes to the Human Resources department by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Supports the Country Representative in managing staff conflict of interest.
- Provides support in maintaining general HR compliance and manage the employee relations.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in Human Resources Management, Public Administration or BA degree plus 5 years work experience in Human Resources
- 4 years Working in an NGO will be an added advantage.
- Computer literacy, at least in excel and word.
- Knowledge of using HR Information systems (VIP and ESS) is essential.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English, written and spoken skills required.
- Familiarity or understanding of labour laws preferred.
- Knowledge of recruiting and hiring practices, including interview techniques#l