The Ministry of Health (MOH) has received funding from Global Fund towards implementation of different activities. In order to enable MOH Global Fund supported activities effectively, workforce is required to fill the current vacancies. The MOH therefore invites suitably qualifies candidates for the 5 positions of HTS Professional Counsellors:
HTS Professional Counsellors (5)
Under the supervision of District Senior HIV-TB Counsellor, the incumbent is responsible for the provision and maintenance of high quality HTS, SBCC & Education, and adherence & psychosocial support services at district level.The HTS Professional Counsellor will support the Hospital/Health centre team to coordinate HTS activities in the district, supervise facility-based lay counselors as well as providing on-site training and quality assurance in collaboration with the DHMT. She/He will work hand in hand with the District Senior Counsellor.
- Ensure Provision of Provider Initiated Testing and Counselling (PITC) and CITC at all entry points in the health facility.
- Be a Focal person of HIVST, Index Testing and Partner Notification at Facility level and make sure that the targets are met
- Implement QA/QC for HIV Testing to ensure quality of HIV testing program
- Provide mentorship and supportive supervision to Lay Counsellors in HIV Testing Services and proper documentation in HTS and other registers that link with HTS register.
- Facilitate and conduct HIV Index testing and partner notification at the facility.
- Facilitate provision of HIVST at the facility and ensure its integration within the existing HIV Testing Services
- Conduct follow up/ supportive and adherence counselling sessions for clients on ART.
- Monitor and supervise group counselling sessions
- Train both facility and community based service providers on HTS.
- Improve HTS delivery, patient tracking and patient initiation
- Ensure linkages and integration of HTS services with SRH, STI, TB and other service delivery points within the facility.
- Ensure availability of IEC materials and condoms in all relevant areas within the facility
- Establish and Coordinate support groups for HTS and psychosocial service clients
- Coordinate targeted community outreaches.
- Through the office of the Senior HIV-TB Counsellor liaise with the District Logistic Officer for the supply of commodities and the distribution of HIV test kits.
- Collate monthly HTS reports from all HTS sites in the facility
- Any other duties assigned by the District Senior TB/HIV Counsellor
- Facility HIV Testing Progress reports (PITC, Index, Partner Notification and HIVST)
- Targeted Community outreaches reports
- Training reports
- Performance Appraisal Systems
- Supervision reports
Degree in Psychology or Behavioural Sciences
Formal HTS training is an added advantage
Two (2) years working experience in HIV Testing Services
Competence, Skills & Knowledge;
Computer literacy, Report writing, Supervision,
Leadership, Oral and written communication, Training, Interpersonal and Presentation
Team building, Patience, Tolerance, Courteous, Eloquent, Confidentiality
Empathy, Innovative, Assertive, Public speaking and passionate about adolescents
Applications shall include a covering letter, detailed CV demonstrating the relevance of their qualification, experience to the terms of reference and certified copies of certificates. The CV should include the following details; contacts, email address, names and addresses of three references and submit complete documentation to:
Human Resources Directorate
Ministry of Health,
P.O. Box 514,
Maseru 100, Lesotho.
Contacts: (266) 22314183
Applications must be hand delivered in Ministry of Health Headquarters, Ground Floor Reception or 2nd Floor HR Room 206/207 before Thursday, 16 August 2018, 08:00 to 16:00 hrs.
Applicants not contacted in four weeks from the closing date can assume that their application has not been successful. The Ministry has no obligation to fill the positions if no candidate has been identified.