Drill & Engineering Lesotho is currently looking for suitably qualified and competent Basotho to apply for the following position based at the Liqhobong mine site;
- HSE officer x 1
JOB DESCRIPTION/ PURPOSE
- To effectively control risks in the workplace by reducing, preventing, and eliminating undesirable events which could lead to a loss for Drill & Engineering.
- To implement and promote good safety practices at Drill & Engineering and to ensure that all Company activities are conducted in compliance with the relevant legislation.
- Working closely with management, Client, and other stakeholders, the incumbent will ensure that HSE standards are adhered to and proactively respond to any perceived risks or HSE noncompliance.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Relevant safety diploma or certificate or any relevant qualification
- Advanced knowledge of Legal, Governance, and compliance of legislation in the mining sector, HSE designs, and applications
- Proven work experience in a similar capacity preferably in a mining environment
- Fully conversant with International HSE standards, codes, and Industry best practice
- Registered with the relevant regulatory body
SKILLS COMPETENCIES AND LEGAL REQUIREMENTS
- Working in a team and team management
- Safety awareness
- Industry Trends and risk analysis
- Audit reporting
- Valid driver’s license
- Strong background in risk management and compliance
Application letter including a detailed CV and certified copies of relevant qualifications and reference letters from previous employers should be submitted at Liqhobong mine gate or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com closing date for submission of applications is Wednesday 1st June 2023 at 16h00. Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted