All qualified Basotho applicants are invited to submit their Resumes and certified academic qualifications for the position of HR Officer on or before the 21 February 2020.
Applications should be submitted to the following email address: [email protected] with the subject line RE: Application For HR Officer Position OR hand delivered to SMD Maseru Office, 15 UN Road, Sentinel Office Park. The position is based at SMD Mine, Kao.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & RELATED EXPERIENCE
• Human Resources Diploma or Equivalent
• Driver’s License (Code B)
• 8 Years’ Experience
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
Implementation of functional HR strategy
• Implement HR Strategies and roll-out policies and procedures
• Provide an advisory service on all HR functions and processes to ensure compliance and alignment with Storm Mountain Diamonds objectives
• Ensure work ethics is of such a nature that workers continuously strive toward improving their own performance
Management of intellectual capability
• Ensure the development and retention of HR capabilities to support all functional areas across projects
• Researches internal and external best HR project practices and ensures that these learnings and best practices are communicated and applied across the organization
Provision of governance and assurance
• Ensure deployment of effective control and monitoring systems, standards and processes and their communication and implementation
• Participate in key reviews, providing assurance that HR related risks have been fully identified, qualified and quantified and that appropriate risk mitigation strategies and plans are in place.
• Provide independent support and influence to managers and employees to assist harmonious work relations.
• Support managers in attending to disciplinary and performance issues for employees to ensure compliance with applicable legislation.
Recruitment and selection
• Provide a recruitment service to engage and source appropriate staff for operations.
• Ensure that adverts comply with legislation and are designed to identify and target the right talent.
• Drive strategic sourcing and retention of critical skills in partnership with line and operations • Screen applications for new positions
• Liaise with community representatives for the temporary employment of unskilled labour (from local community)
Time and Attendance
• Receives, administrates and processes all attendance forms authorization forms
• Manages and records leave
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Knowledge of HR policies and relevant legislation
• Industrial and Labour relations
• OD Interventions
• Personnel administration (including benefits, remuneration, leave, time and attendance, etc)
• Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and Project management skills
• Basic financial management skills
• Computer Literacy (MS Office) and Report Writing Skills
• Presentation Skills
• Negotiation and Influence
• HRMIS experience
No applications will be accepted after the closing date. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.