- Be part of a group that is safety driven and values inclusion
- Join an encouraging leadership group, committed to your growth and development
- Join a leading global company
- Location: Richards Bay
About the role
All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
We are looking for a HR Officer to provide full HR generalist support and specific advice to the business we support in Richards Bay.
The People Services team is responsible for recruitment, benefits, compensation, employee services, employee relations and capability development services.
Reporting to the HR Manager and working in a collaborative community within the HR team, you will be:
- Providing HR Generalist support in resourcing, talent, performance, learning and employee relations
- Supporting the implementation of global HR processes and HR / business systems
- Providing operational site support in the delivery of cyclical HR processes, and assisting implementation of site, BU and region-specific initiatives
- Championing / embedding the new operational model into the local organisation
- Be the first point of contact for all HR-related queries
- Administering HR-related documentation and work to reduce this through the implementation of HR systems
- Ensuring HR Systems and data are maintained accurately
- Providing support in executing the sourcing strategy
What you’ll bring
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team (standard for all job adverts)
- Minimum 3 – 4 experience in a similar role with an excellent track record of working with line managers on broad HR matters
- Generalist Experience in resourcing, talent, performance, learning and employee relations
- Experience of dispute resolution e.g. CCMA
- Experience in submission of statutory reporting e.g. employment equity, skills development.
- Understanding of the South African legislative environment
- Relevant tertiary business degree in HR/Industrial Psychology or relevant business qualification
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficient in SAP
- Fluent and verbal skills in English; Zulu advantageous
- Drivers licence
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe. Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Where you’ll be working
Certified as a Top Employer for 4 consecutive years, located in the Kwa-Zulu Natal province, Richards Bay Minerals (RBM) is part of the Rio Tinto Group and is an internationally recognised sand mining and mineral processing operations leader and one of the world’s foremost producers of titanium minerals, high purity pig iron and zircon. We have implemented a sound corporate social development programme and an internationally recognised environmental rehabilitation programme to restore the mined dunes to their natural state once mining operations have ceased.
Every Voice Matters
RBM is an equal opportunity employer and preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups in line with the company’s employment equity plan.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.