The HR/DEI Partner role at Modern Tribe is a partner and advisor for company leadership and the Ops team. You will provide guidance on, and build and improve our HR & DEI policies. This role drives our diversity and retention by helping to institute best practices around company culture, DEI, benefits, performance reviews, employee experience, manager training, onboarding and termination. If you thrive on being helpful and supporting a growing team with your expertise this gig might be for you.
- Strong communication and/or experience working as part of a remote team
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, strong organizational skills, with a methodical approach to all tasks
- Ability to prioritize workloads and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight
- Fluent English speaker
Knowledge + Experience
- Experience leading diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives, preferably in an agency setting.
- Ability to navigate change within the organization by developing consensus and building buy in, especially when there are competing interests and challenges.
- 5+ years of progressive HR People/Culture experience developing scalable HR operations
- Familiarity with US employment law and best practices
- Familiarity with international employment law
- Experience with distributed teams made up of international contractors and employees
- Experience growing diversity, and fostering equity and inclusion
- Experience exercising discretion and confidentiality with sensitive company information
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to think proactively and prioritize work
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Proficient with Slack, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs etc, Google Hangouts etc
- Experience working as part of a remote team
- Working in a digital Agency environment or in-house Opsops team
- In-depth knowledge of California and NY employment law
- Familiarity with international employment law
- Collaborate with leadership to measure team well being and strategize around how we can maintain or improve our retention.
- Strategizing and facilitating diversity and inclusion initiatives in terms of setting and tracking KPIs, establishing policies and procedures, handling conflict resolution, and fostering organizational development.
- Help to support our managers to efficiently engage with their staff.
- Collaborate to strategize and build staff engagement practices including 1:1s, surveys, or any other form of interaction you might bring to the table.
- Produce custom trainings which align with our culture, for staff and for managers.
- Proactively seek to ensure that we are HR compliant in our policies and practices – both in general and specifically regarding federal, state, local labor laws.
- Research and oversee the proposal and introduction of relevant benefits programs – especially ones that apply to both domestic and international remote workers.
Who We Are
Modern Tribe, Inc. is a rapidly growing software & design company. We develop custom solutions for some of the world’s largest companies, government institutions and smaller growing organizations. We pride ourselves on our ability to bridge people and technology and to bring the passion and dedication of an entrepreneur to every project. Our team is composed of talented employees and freelancers around North & South America (and a smattering across the globe).
Modern Tribe is committed to a culture that embraces diversity and inclusion. We foster an environment of collaboration, open engagement, fairness and respect regardless of differences in age, race, disability, national origin, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status. As a hybrid workspace ranging from distributed contractors to traditional employees, we value the unique perspectives and experiences of our global team.
We come from all walks of life. We are small business owners. We are tattoo aficionados and 80’s movie buffs and ex-pats. We are homeschool teachers. We are single parents. We are musicians, college drop-outs, and entrepreneurs. We are travelers, feminists, runners, volunteers, and makers. We are a Modern Tribe.
Everyday we strive to fulfill our motto: live well and do good work. We hope you will consider joining us.
Who You Are
We love working with each other because we have built a culture that suits us well. We work primarily with freelancers and coordinate their talents for large projects. To be on our team, you must be:
- HAPPY Where there is a will, there is a way. Having a positive disposition allows us to achieve great things and to support each other.
- HELPFUL Always looking for ways that you can help others.
- CURIOUS It is essential that you have a passion for learning. Technology changes daily, and life has a way of constantly raising the bar.
- ACCOUNTABLE Our clients expect us to get the right thing done on budget and on time. Communicating expectations and meeting them is the cornerstone of success.
- A FREELANCER
Work from anywhere in the North or South America, let’s talk. This will be a 100% remote position. If your working hours are in a timezone outside of the US range, but you work 4+ hours of overlap each day our team might be able to consider your application.
The HE/DEI Partner role at Modern Tribe is a freelance contract role. Pay range is $45-$50 USD per hour commensurate with qualifications and experience. We are currently looking for freelance contractors about 15 hours a week for this gig.