Royal DSM is a purpose-led global science-based company in Nutrition, Health and Sustainable Living. DSM is driving economic prosperity, environmental progress and social advances to create sustainable value for all stakeholders. DSM delivers innovative business solutions for human nutrition, animal nutrition, personal care and aroma, medical devices, green products and applications, and new mobility and connectivity. DSM and its associated companies deliver annual net sales of about €10 billion with approximately 23,000 employees. The company is listed on Euronext Amsterdam. More information can be found at www.dsm.com .
We are looking for an HR Business Partner to join our team.
The HR Business Partner is responsible and accountable for the HR Landscape, to drive and nurture our vision and strategy. As a professional HR Executive, we expect you to focus on:
- Managing HR operations and providing overall direction and guidance to leadership teams, direct reports as well as to employees throughout the organization.
- Managing and overseeing operational activities such as employee relations, affirmative action, recruiting and employment, payroll, benefit administration, disability management and job evaluation processes.
- Overseeing strategy execution and providing counselling and leadership on organization structure and design issues aligned to the functional strategy.
- Building rapport with all levels of the organization and establishing trust and credibility in order to accomplish business goals.
- Supporting and implementing processes for performance and talent management.
- DNP has a functional organization structure. Co-operating and influencing successfully across disciplines without hierarchical authority is a crucial competence.
- The job holder is expected to interact closely with the Managing Director and team and offer advice of an HR operational business partner, bearing in mind that this role reports functionally to Head Office in Europe.
- Professionalism is a key requirement in this position as the team is small and giving appropriate advice is imperative.
- Ensuring HR controls are in place and adequate segregation of duties in all HR functions as per Global rules
- Implement, respect and follow up on all Global policies, procedures, guidelines and processes related to HR and those outside of the HR function but impacting people
- Lead, direct and manage the labor /employee relations functions by implementing programs that support a good industrial relations environment
- Advise, guide, support and coach managers and employees in all matters related to P&O process including employee welfare
- Lead and manage the talent management function and implement interventions to improve the learning environment
- Implement all Social Labor Plans pertaining to the P&O function as per the requirements and Labor legislation in South Africa
- Handle all bargaining council matters and process for the company and be a subject matter expert on Mediation, Conciliation and Arbitration issues
- Manage all aspects of compensation, employee benefits and remuneration for the company
- Integrate BBBEE strategies into employee recruitment, development and retention programs and be able to measure the success of diversity initiatives
- Key contributor to the annual BBBEE scorecard accreditation process
- Control the Labor cost and Headcount for the entire company
- Cost Center / budget management
- Compliance to BBBEE and all HR – IR statutory and legal requirements
- Responsible for development and implementation of the employment equity plan
- Provide HR support for Branch offices in Nigeria, Kenya, Senegal or any other new location, per business priority
HR and labor relations management principles have to be applied with South African and international best practice requirements in mind
Background & Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree with a human resource focus
- At least 5 – 7 years’ relevant experience
- In-depth knowledge of HR legislation such as the Labor Relations Act, Basic Conditions of Employment Act, Employment Equity, Skills Levy Act, Pensions Fund Act
- In-depth knowledge of HR practices
- Talent Management Practices
- Conflict resolution
Procedure & Contact
Interested in this position? Please apply on-line by sending us your CV & motivation letter in English. For additional questions you can contact our Recruitment Business Partner Cees van den Kommer ( [email protected]).
To data privacy reasons we do not handle any applications sent by email. Please be so kind to use the link provided.
Reference check procedures and an assessment can be part of the DSM Recruitment & Selection Process. You will be informed when these procedures are required.
Royal DSM is an equal employment opportunity and
affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.