Human Made has a number of HR management systems, including CharlieHR and TriNet. You will be responsible for updating these as required and ensuring that they remain compliant with relevant data protection law. The company has a public handbook, which you will be responsible for updating, including HR policies based on the suggestions of our HR advisors in the UK, USA, and Australia. You will be expected to liaise with those advisors on HR-related matters, and to speak to our other legal advisors with regards to issues such as new subsidiaries, insurance, and visa applications.
You will be responsible for administrating Human Made’s HR processes, including engagement surveys, 360s, and Performance Review. You’ll work with the Director of People Operations to roll out new HR and culture initiatives.
Human Made is a visa sponsoring organisation in the UK and Australia. You will be responsible for administering the visa application process for employees who are seeking to move to these countries.
You will be responsible for Human Made’s GDPR compliance, including updating our data protection policies and conducting data protecting audits as necessary. Prior knowledge of this is not required and training will be provided to support you.
Human Made is a remote company so you should have excellent written communication skills that enable you to work with a diverse group of people from around the world. You should be able to work in a self-directed manner, addressing problems as they come up, and identifying issues in your area of work and fixing them. You should be able to prioritise your tasks and able to ask for help when you need it.
As this is a HR role, you should have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to communicate well with people at all levels of the company. You will be a member of the Operations Team, reporting directly to the Director of People (who reports to the CEO).
- Assisting with the management of the hiring process, including triaging applications, advertising new roles, following up with applicants.
- Onboarding new employees.
- Updating the handbook and HR policies.
- Liaising with HR advisors in the UK, USA, and Australia.
- Creating contracts.
- Liaising with the company’s employment law advisors.
- Managing the visa sponsorship process and maintaining compliance.
- Overseeing the company’s data protection compliance (including GDPR).
- Updating the company’s HR systems.
- Administrating continuous improvements cycles (360s & performance reviews).
- Administrating the engagement survey
- Supporting employee engagement across the company.
- Promoting our culture and values within our people documents and communications.
- Collating key people metrics and reporting to the company.
- Empathetic and people-focused.
- Experience with recruitment.
- Experience with recruiting minorities in the tech industry is an advantage.
- HR experience in the UK, United States, or Australia.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to understand and communicate legal advice.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to identify and implement commercial HR solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and switch contexts.
- Pro-active about fixing problems where you see them
- Experience of People Operations or remote work is an advantage.
- £25,000 – £30,000 GBP (or local equivalent)
- Flexible working
- 52 weeks parental leave
- 35 days holiday (including public holiday)
- Sickness and carers leave
- Annual company retreat (Previous retreats have been in Sri Lanka, Italy, Slovakia, Spain, Norway)
- Conference and training budget
- Monthly remote working allowance
- Work wherever you want
- New computer and mobile phone
- Office equipment when you need it