The Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project will be the primary vehicle through which USAID will provide technical assistance to improve partner countries’ management of the health commodities supply chain and collaborate with key international stakeholders to support global health initiatives. The project is currently recruiting for HR and Administration Manager who will oversee all aspects of office administration, human resources, and procurement in compliance with U.S. government regulations, Chemonics’ corporate and field office policies, and Lesotho law. The position will be based in Maseru and will report to the Country Director. Qualified applicants should submit cover letter, cv and Certificates to [email protected] not later than Friday November 13,2020. The applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the set deadline. Please indicate in the subject line of your email the position to which you are applying. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Working with the Country Director, create and implement administrative, human resource and procurement operating procedures and systems for the office, including communications logs and filing systems, and ensure proper maintenance and staff adherence.
- Communicate as needed with the home office to ensure proper filing, archiving, and digital uploads of all relevant administrative and contractual documents.
- Oversee the maintenance and management of physical office space, project inventory, and project vehicles, including maintenance of vehicle logs and drivers’ schedules.
- Manage event planning and travel logistics, to include compiling training materials and providing quality control for all events and training activities.
- Manage office procurements, including issuing RFQs, obtaining and reviewing price quotes from suppliers, writing selection memos, negotiating with suppliers as necessary, overseeing the delivery and inspection of goods, and collecting and filing all relevant procurement documents in accordance with Chemonics processes and procedures for field office procurement.
- Maintain tracking systems for inventory, procurements, action memos, and approvals.
- Oversee the recruitment processes in compliance with Chemonics established procedures including but not limited to supporting development of job descriptions and interview questions, shortlisting and pre-screening candidates, scheduling interviews and conducting reference checks, negotiating offers of employment, and collecting required documentation from candidates.
- Confirm that all new hire paperwork is submitted, and personnel files are complete and compliant with Chemonics policy, local labor laws, and USAID regulations – both in electronic and hard copy.
- Manage all onboarding processes to ensure new hires are provided with adequate training and orientation regarding the project and relevant Chemonics policies in order to perform the job to the best of their ability.
- Supervise administrative staff as assigned and provide routine performance feedback.
- Ensure strict compliance with USAID regulations and Chemonics’ standard policy and procedures at all times.
- Assist the Startup and Closeout teams in operation tasks as needed.
- Support the timely completion of any other administrative or contractual tasks as assigned by the Country Director.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Human Resources Management, Administration, development, or a related field preferred
- Minimum 4 years of experience supporting office administration, human resources, and procurement for an office of comparable size, preferably on a USAID-funded project.
- Strong administrative, organizational, and written and verbal communication skills required.
- Strong PC skills to include knowledge of Microsoft Word, Exce1, PowerPoint, Outlook, internet research and database use strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Outlook desirable.
- Fluency in English and Sesotho required.