The HIVR4P 2024 Journalist Fellowship Programme provides financial assistance to selected applicants from around the world to attend HIVR4P 2024 in person. The HIVR4P Journalist Fellowship Programme is designed to build the capacity of journalists to report on biomedical HIV prevention and to generate high-profile media coverage of advances and challenges in prevention research, especially in communities that are heavily impacted by the epidemic. The programme is intended for individuals who would otherwise not have the financial means to attend HIVR4P 2024.
- The HIVR4P 2024 Journalist Fellowship Programme is open to journalists who will be at least 18 years old at the time of the conference and are either employees of or on assignment for a recognized print, radio, broadcast or online consumer, medical, community-based or HIV service organization sponsored media outlet.
Priority will be given to journalists who:
- Work for national or international top-tier media outlets with a wide regional, national or international reach, regardless of the medium
- Have the support of their media outlet to attend and report on the conference • Demonstrate a strong commitment to reporting on HIV and/or infectious diseases. Preference will be given to individuals representing outlets that have a proven background in reporting on global health topics, infectious diseases and, more specifically, HIV
- Are based in resource-limited settings or represent countries/regions of interest, including: South and Southeast Asia; Latin America and the Caribbean; the Middle East and North Africa; central, eastern, southern and western Africa; and eastern Europe and central Asia
- Are part of key populations or living with HIV
- Have strong English language skills
Journalist fellows must be available to attend for the full duration of the conference (6 to 10 October, inclusive) as well as any bespoke media training organized as part of the Journalist Fellowship Programme.
The in-person plus virtual journalist fellowship includes:
- Registration for in-person access to all conference sessions, satellite sessions and the poster exhibition
- Online access to all conference sessions and satellite sessions streamed live on the virtual platform, session recordings and on-demand content, and e-posters, throughout the conference and after
- Travel support (pre-paid economy class return ticket from the nearest international airport in your country of residence) for the dates of the conference
- Accommodation (single room in a budget hotel) for the duration of the conference
- Media training and activities targeted towards media personnel related to the conference
- The application process is entirely free.
- Application forms, as well as supporting documentation, must be completed in full and in English to be considered. Supporting documentation must also be in English.
- Applications will be accepted until 10 April 2024, 23:59 Central European Summer Time (CEST).
- All applications will be considered equally until this time. Applications are not on a first-come, firstserved basis.
For More Information: