Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Lesotho The Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Lesotho (BCMCFL), is the result of a public-private partnership between Baylor College of Medicine International Pediatric AIDS Initiative (KARABO EA BOPHELO) and the Government of Lesotho, and is a legal, non-profit/tax exempt organization registered in Lesotho. BCMCFL provides free paediatric and family-centred HIV and tuberculosis prevention, care, treatment and support, serving thousands of children and families affected by HIV, TB, or other child health conditions.
BCMCFL is looking for highly qualified candidates to fill in the following positions available under Expanding HIV/TB Clinical Services (ETHICS) Project on a full-time, contract (renewable) basis.
HIV Clinical Nurses-Midwife x 1
Based in Butha-Buthe and Mokhotlong
Duties and Responsibilities
Working with other health facility staff under the director supervision of the District Medical Mentor and health facility Nurse-In-Charge, the Clinical Nurse’s primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Provide direct patient care to:
- HIV positive patients in the ART corner, and or
- ANC, PNC, MNCH and U5 clients
- TB client co-infected with HIV
- Provide technical support to their assigned facility to ensure that cervical cancer screening for HIV, PMTCT and TB co-infected patients with HIV receive high quality integrated services
- Ensure proper counseling is being provided to women on PMTCT, ART or TB on the importance of prevention of cervical cancer through screening is carried out, including appropriate medical waste management
- Review relevant results and ensure appropriate filling of client results and files
- Submit monthly summary reports regarding clinical and programmatic activities
- Work with staff in PMTCT, TB and ART clinics to strengthen tracking of clients missing their follow up appointments/provide referrals and facility referral feedback
- Administer urgent medications and procedures
- Provide direct clinical care services
Educational Qualifications, Work Experience and Key Competencies
- Diploma in General Nursing
- Current valid registration with Lesotho Nursing Council
- Postgraduate qualification in HIV/AIDS with expertise in HIV care and treatment would be an added advantage
- Good report writing, training and computer skills
Interested candidates must email applications, including CV and cover letter to [email protected] on or before Friday, 06th March 2020. Please quote the position applying for on the subject matter. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Citizens and residents of Lesotho are strongly encouraged to apply.