Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation Lesotho (BCMCF-L) invites applications from suitable candidates for the following positions. Applications should be emailed to [email protected] or hand delivered to BCMCF-L Maseru, on or before Wednesday the 18thSeptember 2019 at 5 pm.
Post: HIV Clinical nurses
Based in ButhaButhe, Mokhotlong and Mohale’s Hoek SCOE
Working with other health facility staff under the direct supervision of the District Medical Mentor and health facility nurse-in-charge, the Clinical Nurse’s primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide direct patient care to:
- HIV-positive patients in the ART corner, and/or
- ANC, PNC, MNCH, and U5 clients
- TB clients co-infected with HIV
- Provide technical support to their assigned facility to ensure that cervical cancer screening for HIV, PMTCT, and TB co-infected with HIV receive high quality integrated services.
- Ensure proper counselling is being provided to women on PMTCT, ART or TB on the importance of prevention of cervical cancer through screening
- Diploma in Nursing
- Post graduate qualification in Midwifery or related field
- Registration with the Lesotho Nursing Council as a Nurse Midwife
- Postgraduate qualification in HIV/AIDS with expertise in HIV care and treatment would be an added advantage
- Good report writing, training and computer skills